Canadian Universities MSW. The waiting game 2015 admissions

smpalesh

espressom - Wow!  Congrats again!  You are getting in everywhere!  Do you mind if I ask what your background experience is?

Thanks!

I graduated with my BSW in 2012. Before and during my degree I volunteered in peer support and in crisis counselling. Since graduating I have worked as a mental health program instructor, health outreach worker and in crisis counselling positions. I am currently a full-time counsellor at a not-for-profit. 

Oh and I meant to say, my ROSI did change for U of T, I don`t know when it changed but I think I first checked it two days ago. It says "invited." 

The graduate school application page status never changed though. 

Hi everyone!

I found out I was accepted to UBC's 2 year program last week. I haven't had a chance to read through the entire thread but so far haven't seen any UBC Vancouver students.. anyone out there or any applicants? Good luck everyone :)!

I applied to the 1 year MSW program at UBC and haven't heard back yet, I have a friend who heard she was accepted last week I think? So I'm thinking I probably didn't get in there, but still kinda hoping... :-) It would be nice to be in Vancouver for a year! What do you know about the program? Have you heard feedback from students/recent grads? 

@expressom I am not even sure at this point, Alberta makes financial sense for me, however with this scholarship in the form of teaching assistantship/research assistantship would look really good on my resume and give me an opportunity to do research work etc..something that might come in handy in the near future....! I havent made any decisions yet and dont have to respond to calgary until March 4. For now, I am just going to celebrate and enjoy the fruits of my labour! Those applications were torture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

BTW I applied to York, Ryerson and U of T as well.....Havent heard from them as of it! 

Hello everyone! I have been creeping this forum for a while and decided to join in the discussion. I applied to 2-year MSW programs and the 1-year HBSW program at Lakehead (as well as 1-year college programs as a back-up to gain more experience). April is so far away! I feel like I'm in Limbo while I hear about my friends getting accepted to graduate or law school. Good luck to everyone!

Hey guys, 

For those of you logging in to UofT ROSI: What are you using as your student number/ how did you get it?

You get a UofT student number assigned to you when you apply to any program, regardless of acceptance.  To see what yours is, sign-in to your account on the School of Graduate Studies website (where you completed your application), click on "Profile Update" (on the blue ribbon at the top of the screen). Your student number should be displayed near the top of the screen.

You get a UofT student number assigned to you when you apply to any program, regardless of acceptance.  To see what yours is, sign-in to your account on the School of Graduate Studies website (where you completed your application), click on "Profile Update" (on the blue ribbon at the top of the screen). Your student number should be displayed near the top of the screen.

Got it! Thank you so much! 

Now I'm not exactly sure where to look. I don't see anything that says "invited" anywhere though.. unfortunately. 

Edited by cheekss

When mine changed all I did was log in and the very first page said invited, I didn't have to look for it.  The people who did not get in it didn't say anything.  But that doesn't mean you didn't get in, it seems UofT is doing things a bit differently this year in regards to notifications so you never know.

For those of you who got into the UofCalgary advanced year, are you starting in the near future? A couple of my coworkers got in through a program at our work. They get to take the program for free but I believe they have to work there for awhile after graduation. She said that they are starting with an intensive week quite soon! So bizarre to me! 

Hi everyone, 

I've been lurking on this forum for awhile, but I wasn't able to post due to a botched registration but I'm finally here!

I've applied to two 2 year MSW programs, at Carleton and Laurier. I'm currently located in the Kitchener-Waterloo area but I'm actually hoping for Carleton because I'm from eastern Ontario originally and I'd like to move closer to home. 

I haven't heard back from either school yet, but I'm impatiently waiting! My status for Carleton has changed to: Review in progress by Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs, so hopefully that means something good!

Edited by mijj_wa

You're both so lucky! Mine hasn't changed yet and I'm also for the 2 year stream :(. I've officially come to terms that I'm probably not going to get into grad school... ugh. I hate this process.  

My status also says "review in progress by faculty of graduate and postdoctoral affairs"... Hope to get a decision this week! (carleton 2 year stream)!

Hi everyone, 

I've been lurking on this forum for awhile, but I wasn't able to post due to a botched registration but I'm finally here!

I've applied to two 2 year MSW programs, at Carleton and Laurier. I'm currently located in the Kitchener-Waterloo area but I'm actually hoping for Carleton because I'm from eastern Ontario originally and I'd like to move closer to home. 

I haven't heard back from either school yet, but I'm impatiently waiting! My status for Carleton has changed to: Review in progress by Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs, so hopefully that means something good!

You will get a decision this week since they said they are sending out all decisions by the end of the month and that would be on Friday. 

My status also says "review in progress by faculty of graduate and postdoctoral affairs"... Hope to get a decision this week! (carleton 2 year stream)!

Hi Everyone!

I'm a long time reader but first time posting. I need to talk to someone else about this waiting game because I think I and driving my family and friends crazy! 

I've applied to the 2 year program at U of T, Windsor and Laurier. My first choice is Laurier, then U of T and then Windsor. 

Congrats to all of you who have heard back and good luck to everyone who is waiting it out!!

Its so nerve racking that the 2 year applicants will hear back soon!! , Even though I know I won't be hearing back just yet I still check my email a couple times daily, and offer to get the mail daily... ugh the stress of this season.

Ugh...my windsor application documents for msw for working professionals isn't even showing as received yet! (Although they emailed me to tell me they got everything). This wait is going to be foreverrrrrrr!  

I applied at Waterloo too...I wonder if mine will be rejected/accepted later because I'm not due to have my BSW till April officially...

Edited by Jennbe

Ugh...my windsor application documents for msw for working professionals isn't even showing as received yet! (Although they emailed me to tell me they got everything). This wait is going to be foreverrrrrrr!  

I applied at Waterloo too...I wonder if mine will be rejected/accepted later because I'm not due to have my BSW till April officially...

In your case it is likely that you would receive a conditional offer due to your outstanding coursework. If they had to wait for your grades to come in then everyone's offers would be delayed until all the grades came in because they wouldn't be able to rank the candidates otherwise. They make a decision based on the academic information they have by the application deadline. Good luck!