CUNY Hunter

Hi

I applied to the extended deadline for the MSW program. I just received an email today offering me a group interview. Do you have suggestions for me? I'm very nervous about this interview.

hey there- I was really nervous for mine too, but it really wasn't bad at all. I was expecting a 2-hour toture sessions, but it was about 45 minutes of applicants discussing ideas around a table with the admissions officer. She asked us some basic things about ourselves, our undergraduate careers, experiences in the field, and some 'what would you do if...' type questions. It was honestly very laid back, and everyone was very nice.

Good Luck!

Someone posted in results that they were rejected from the Hunter MSW via webpage- how do we check our status via webpage? I had an interview there a while ago and have not heard anything so I assume it is not good news. thanks.

You access it the same way you filled out the online application. As soon as you log on, it will say "submitted" and whatever the outcome is under that. I just had a group interview on 5/22 and my application still says "pending interview". I plan on compulsively checking my application and my email until I hear something. :) Good Luck!!!

My online application never went past saying Submitted, but I found out about my admissions decision through the mail. I would contact the admissions office maybe if you haven't heard back after a while? I'm pretty sure they gave us a maximum of 10 days before receiving a decision after the interview.

I'm starting there in the fall!

congrats! did you pick an orientation to attend yet? I have to wait till July since I just finished undergrad and had to wait on final transcripts.

I'm going this Friday...I hope they explain loans.

good luck! if you dont mind posting sometime after you go, i'm really curious what will be going during the orientation- especially in regards to registration, hunter email accounts, and loans/payment :)

I just got my acceptance letter! Yaaayy!!! Thanks for the interview advice! :)

congrats!!

Orientation was pretty standard. They explained registration and I am already all signed up! I'm glad I went to this first one since classes have already started filling up and I wanted control over my schedule. No new info on field placement...we will find out "probably sometime in August, but as late as the first day of classes." And they went over loans

Thanks- that was really helpful. I always feel better knowing a little bit about whats coming. I wish I could've gone to an earlier orientation, but hopefully a few classes will still be open for the last group!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I have my group interview this Thursday. Any advice? I'm really nervous! What sorts of questions and ideas were posed? thank you!

Hi,

I have my group interview at Hunter school of social work tomorrow and i am really nervous. what can i expect what will they ask me how should i prepare? any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!

Hi,

I have my group interview at Hunter school of social work tomorrow and i am really nervous. what can i expect what will they ask me how should i prepare? any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!

I had my interview at Hunter about a month ago, I wouldn't give you exact questions because I did for a friend and they did not ask her those questions (I guess the questions vary). In the end, she felt unprepared. But based on our interviews, they will ask why you are interested going to Hunter, they may ask specific questions about your SOP, in what areas (or population) are you interested in social work, what would you like to learn more about. Don't forget to ask questions about their program, it will show that you are interested. Good luck on the interview! Let me know how it turned out.

• 2 weeks later...

Just checked my email and got the surprise of my life! An acceptance letter to hunter college school of social work!!!!! I am total shocked!! i am so proud of myself!!!

Just checked my email and got the surprise of my life! An acceptance letter to hunter college school of social work!!!!! I am total shocked!! i am so proud of myself!!!

Congratulations! I'm so excited to go to Hunter too. I can't wait to go to the orientation.

Congrats!! I'll be at the June 8th orientation as well. Are you guys from NYC, or out of state?

Yeah im going to the June 8th orientation too! I am from NYC. Are you from NYC or out of state?

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...