Communication/Media Studies Ph.D Fall 2015--Apps, Decisions, and Waiting...

I could use some advice...

I emailed the DGS at one of the schools I'm waitlisted at (its one of my top choices) to thank him for the letter and tell him I'd be happy to address any elements of question or concern on my application if there were any. He responded saying he could hop on the phone if I wanted, though there's not much he can do or say since the waitlist is largely up to admitted students accepting/declining their offers at this point.

Do you all think I should schedule the phone call? I don't really have any questions since I've obsessively researched the program and it doesn't sound like he's really interested in discussing my research interests/application. The last think I want is for it to be an awkward exchange that somehow hurts my changes of acceptance.

Thoughts?

Edited by coffee_enthusiast

Soooo I GOT INTO CORNELL.

Super warm and complimentary email from my POI. 4 years guaranteed funding and a Fellowship. 

Congrats!  

FYI-Pitt has released decisions. So happy that everyone is hearing great news!

Edit-Also wanted to mention that funding info has been released also.

How were you notified?  

Thanks everyone!! 

I'm so glad we have such an awesome and supportive group this year -- and that all of us seem to have gotten some good news by now  :)

Congratulations (and hello everyone, I know I am late to the discussion)!!!

Did you interview with the school earlier? I interviewed with Cornell last week, so I am super nervous now. :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Congratulations (and hello everyone, I know I am late to the discussion)!!!

Did you interview with the school earlier? I interviewed with Cornell last week, so I am super nervous now. :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Thanks! I interviewed last week too. I think acceptances are going out by concentration, because someone was accepted on Monday, and my POI emailed me today. Who are your POIs?

New member, but I've been lurking since last Spring, getting loads of helpful info. I've gotten into Utah w/funding, UMass w/funding, and ASU w/o funding. Still waiting on Pitt, Madison, Drexel (had an interview but it didn't go well), BGSU, MSU, UT Austin. 

Congrats to everyone who has gotten good news thus far! And thanks for all of the help.

Anyone going to be at PCA/ACA? I'd love to meet up. 

New member, but I've been lurking since last Spring, getting loads of helpful info. I've gotten into Utah w/funding, UMass w/funding, and ASU w/o funding. Still waiting on Pitt, Madison, Drexel (had an interview but it didn't go well), BGSU, MSU, UT Austin.

Congrats to everyone who has gotten good news thus far! And thanks for all of the help.

The

We will!

Welcome!  Congrats!  Are you going to Alb or New Orleans?  I'll be at both, and I think a few others were going to New Orleans.  

Edited by The Pedanticist