Communication/Media Studies Ph.D Fall 2015--Apps, Decisions, and Waiting...

Just... put... me... out... of... my... misery

YES. I would be so much saner if I just knew I was in SOMEwhere. I promise I wouldn't whine about not having all my decisions in or the remaining uncertainty if I just had that.

I kind of feel like a jerk even posting that I got responses.

But I will say that you guys are right on the money. One acceptance makes the whole world brighter. I hope yours come soon.

But I will say that you guys are right on the money. One acceptance makes the whole world brighter. I hope yours come soon.

I don't grudge you your excitement! It'd be different if you started talking about how difficult it is to make a decision on where to go. :) 

WHEW. A response AT LONG LAST:

Got into USC. Five years of funding, Annenberg Fellowship.  

It was someone here on GC who convinced me to go ahead and submit an app, even though I didn't think I was ready for that early deadline. 

Edited by grad_wannabe

Pfft, no worries. I'm excited you have two acceptances. You're batting 100% so far. That's great!

It was someone here on GC who convinced me to go ahead and submit an app, even though I didn't think I was ready for that early deadline. 

OMG congrats!!!

Congrats!!

Just... put... me... out... of... my... misery

If I get one more junk email I'm going to lose it. I can't keep getting my hopes up and then finding out about a sale instead!

Edited by HighlyCaffeinated

It was hilarious... I was juuuuust trying to deal with the transcript issue I discovered to be systemic (meaning it affected all three of my applications), thinking "dang, maybe that's why they aren't notifying me yet..." and grumbling to myself when my phone rang.

I picked it up and there was silence. I was like "Hello? ...Hello??? Hello?!" and the line dropped... I just about lost it... 

Went to dial the number back and then it popped up ringing on my phone again.

I could tell immediately from his tone of voice that it was going to be good news.

Then I jumped and pranced around the house like a caffeinated pony while sounding calmly gleeful on the phone (so I believe), and sent myself into a coughing fit (got the bronchitis right now..) from exerting myself so hard on my prances.

My stepson said to my partner, "I think this means she's officially wanted in three states." That kid.

JUJUBEA! you must be butter cause you're on a ROLL! 100% admission rate that's AMAZING! CONGRATS! 

LOL! 

Well, 100% admission rate but I only applied to THREE schools, and I visited all three and have been communication with two of them for over half a year, and with one of them for almost two years about applying.

WOW! 3 for 3! You are awesome. Congrats!

Thanks autumn. I'm floored.

I got accepted at USC with full fellowship (30 per year!).  They invited me to the recruitment weekend Feb. 27/28.  

And I got rejected at...Colorado.  Crazy.  

Omg! Congratulations on the fellowship! That's a lot of money for our field!

Is it a true fellowship? Meaning, no teaching responsibilities?

Congratulations Pedanticist!

Thanks everyone!  

Omg! Congratulations on the fellowship! That's a lot of money for our field!

Is it a true fellowship? Meaning, no teaching responsibilities?

Congratulations Pedanticist!

Yep, the fellowship guarantees at least one year off from teaching duties.   :)  

Thanks everyone!  

Yep, the fellowship guarantees at least one year off from teaching duties.   :)  

Congrats Pedanticist !!! We may end up as colleagues!

(do you know whether they're footing the bill for any travel costs for the recruitment weekend visit?)

Edited by grad_wannabe

(do you know whether they're footing the bill for any travel costs for the recruitment weekend visit?)

they will pay for you :) congrats, i will see you soon then :P

Edited by Duna

Congrats! Looks like we are going to be classmates!

EDIT: Just saw yours pedantacist and anothergradapplicant! Hope we all get to study together. :)

Edited by roguesenna

Congrats! Looks like we are going to be classmates!

Thanks and congrats to both of you!  I look forward to meeting both of you as well!  

Edited by The Pedanticist