Spring 2015 Applicants!

No word yet... Getting pretty discouraged. I'm trying to still be hopeful as sometimes 'no news is good news'.

Yeah that sounds very stressful about Baylor- I wonder if they realize that other schools are already offering positions to great potential applicants. Seems like they would want to secure good students for their program asap

Trust me, I dropped a ton of hints when I visited Baylor 2 weeks back. "Yeah I found out about UT Dallas on Sept 21....." GRRR. I think it's cause they accept 11 students so they have to look at everyones application first.

Also I hope you find out soon! I'm sure you are close to getting in, they may just be waiting until someone declines the offer. If you haven't gotten rejected yet, there is DEFINITELY still hope.

Trust me, I dropped a ton of hints when I visited Baylor 2 weeks back. "Yeah I found out about UT Dallas on Sept 21....." GRRR. I think it's cause they accept 11 students so they have to look at everyones application first.

Also I hope you find out soon! I'm sure you are close to getting in, they may just be waiting until someone declines the offer. If you haven't gotten rejected yet, there is DEFINITELY still hope.

11 students?!  I've heard of programs accepting 15, but 11 is a small number!  What is it about Baylor that attracted you to their program? 

It's only a year long and it's close to home! :) also, I like that it is a small university. UT is huge and I've felt like a number rather than a person here, so I'm ready to actually know the professors and students!

I joined thegradcafe today! I too have applied to UTD and havent heard anything yet.

My overall GPA=3.88, CD GPA= 3.92.. but I have low GRE scores, 141 on each section..

let me know if you hear anything.. I check galaxy a million times a day.

futureslp15 - congratulations! And I really mean that for you, not for me. :)

I did the last half of my undergrad at UTD. Before that, I tried to make myself study something for the money instead of the interest, and my grades reflected it. Once I got to UTD I did MUCH better. I've been hoping that committees will overlook my first two years and focus on the resulting turnaround, but my leveling advisor told me that it doesn't always work that way.

I think that UTD wants a certain kind of student, and that's not me. Which is fine! I just wish I'd come to that realization sooner.

Thanks so much! I appreciate it!

And did you talk about that in your Statement of Purpose? I feel like they must consider that!! Honestly, I would call/email Dr. Stillman and ask when you will hear by! Maybe it will show that youre really interested in their program! 

Hey everyone! I'm new here and of course losing my mind waiting to hear back from schools.  I applied to Appalachian State and University of South Dakota for this spring and I was wondering if there's any way I would be hearing back soon or if I'm even remotely competitive.  My stats are: 3.6 GPA, GRE 159 V 153 Q 4.0 Writing, journalism background in the military and lots of observation hours over the required minimum.  My worry is that the programs are tiny, USD says they're only accepting around 10!

Hey everyone! I'm new here and of course losing my mind waiting to hear back from schools. I applied to Appalachian State and University of South Dakota for this spring and I was wondering if there's any way I would be hearing back soon or if I'm even remotely competitive. My stats are: 3.6 GPA, GRE 159 V 153 Q 4.0 Writing, journalism background in the military and lots of observation hours over the required minimum. My worry is that the programs are tiny, USD says they're only accepting around 10!

I just spoke to ASU yesterday, they're looking over apps next week. They also accept around 10 students. Your GRE scores are good, there's no set GPA/GRE score that will make you get in. Just make sure you're well rounded in extra curriculars as well. Most schools that I applied to weren't looking for students that had all of their activities that were speech related.

I just spoke to ASU yesterday, they're looking over apps next week. They also accept around 10 students. Your GRE scores are good, there's no set GPA/GRE score that will make you get in. Just make sure you're well rounded in extra curriculars as well. Most schools that I applied to weren't looking for students that had all of their activities that were speech related.

Thanks for the update! When I called they hadn't given me a time for their review, but they said soon.  I'm really hoping that I'm well rounded enough, as most of my experience isn't directly related to the field.  Is ASU on your list for spring too?  I hope we hear good news!!!

Ah the wait for UTD is still killing me... Does anyone know what day registration is? I thought for sure I'd hear something by yesterday, but my status is still 'under review'... Is anyone still in the same position? Or has anyone else been accepted in the last few weeks?

STwannabe, I am still waiting as well. I'm not sure why we haven't heard back yet but when I called they said we should know for sure until mid November ish....the wait is killing me too :(

Edited by SLP8180

Has anyone heard back from Tennessee State for Spring?  I haven't been rejected (yet) and just dying to know if there's still any hope!

Also, my sympathies to people waiting on UTD decisions...lol...I can relate :/