Chemistry Applications Fall 2015

ChemiKyle

Has anyone who applied for inorganic heard back within the last week? 

If you're referring to Northwestern, I applied for materials and haven't heard back yet either. Looks as if they haven't sent anything out for our sub-fields yet as far as I can tell from this thread and the results submissions.

If you're referring to Northwestern, I applied for materials and haven't heard back yet either. Looks as if they haven't sent anything out for our sub-fields yet as far as I can tell from this thread and the results submissions.

My friend does materials and he has already been accepted to Northwestern

Good news! I got an acceptance email from UI-UC today! Looks like it payed off to get the application in early.

This is a bit of a delayed response, but I turned my app in on the due date  (Dec 15th) and heard back four days later. They are on the ball with the application process!! Question, were you in contact with any of the professors there? I'm wondering if thats why I heard back so fast.

Just received an email from UT-Austin. They did not mention the funding amount, but said "You are being considered for competitive departmental and university fellowships that will be announced and awarded in the upcoming months". I wonder if all emails say this and don't mention the amount. 

Just received an email from UT-Austin. They did not mention the funding amount, but said "You are being considered for competitive departmental and university fellowships that will be announced and awarded in the upcoming months". I wonder if all emails say this and don't mention the amount. 

The one I received states the same

This is a bit of a delayed response, but I turned my app in on the due date  (Dec 15th) and heard back four days later. They are on the ball with the application process!! Question, were you in contact with any of the professors there? I'm wondering if thats why I heard back so fast.

I put my application the day it was due and got the acceptance two days after. I had been in contact with 2 profs.

Hi, has anyone here got an interview offer from Princeton? I've been in contact with one of the professors before and after submitting the app and I am now a bit confused because a completely new professor emailed me to have an interview... The email doesn't say any specific thing other than the interview schedule so I really don't have a clue what is going on.

Would this mean that my POI no longer considers me as a prospective student in his lab? Or does anybody know what the interview process is like?

Edited by Bruehl

Hi, has anyone here got an interview offer from Princeton? I've been in contact with one of the professors before and after submitting the app and I am now a bit confused because a completely new professor emailed me to have an interview... The email doesn't say any specific thing other than the interview schedule so I really don't have a clue what is going on.

Would this mean that my POI no longer considers me as a prospective student in his lab? Or does anybody know what the interview process is like?

I wouldn't read too much into it. It may be that then POI that you're interested in is fully booked for interviews, or something.

Berkeley seems to be pushing very hard for my visiting and matriculation. I received a phone call mid-December from a POI, official acceptance emails two weeks letter, and an email today from a POI.

What is particularly annoying is scheduling all visiting weekends. Some of them conflict and some schools have specified dates by which you must notify the school of your visitation plan (for planning and reiumbrsement). It would be very helpful if schools had an agreement as to when they would notify potential candidates.

Berkeley seems to be pushing very hard for my visiting and matriculation. I received a phone call mid-December from a POI, official acceptance emails two weeks letter, and an email today from a POI.

What is particularly annoying is scheduling all visiting weekends. Some of them conflict and some schools have specified dates by which you must notify the school of your visitation plan (for planning and reiumbrsement). It would be very helpful if schools had an agreement as to when they would notify potential candidates.

Hm, that is interesting.  Although I got admitted to Berkeley pretty early as well, I can't say I've had the same experience.  A POI emailed me before Christmas but addressed me by the wrong name.  In the email he said he would give me a call between the holidays but I still haven't heard anything from him.  Ugh.

Accepted to Berkeley today through e-mail and a pending phone call from my POI!

Congrats! I hope I hear soon from other schools too.. Looks like a lot of early Berkeley acceptances are from Organic Chemistry Program.

Did you berkeley guys email POI's first? I didn't email a single POI before submitting applications, probably should've done that. Hindsight is 20/20

Not to mention that the three of you also got into Stanford/Yale, so I'm sure Berk is trying hard to pull in some of the top talent 

Edited by doyouevenchop

Hey everyone! First time posting but have been a lurker. I was definitely freaking out for a while so I thought I might as well say my situation.I got into Berkeley on Dec 15th via email with my POI emailing me shortly after saying they would try to squeeze in a call. Just got into UNC via email this afternoon. I am organometallic but applied for inorganic in most places, it seems the organic divisions are sending out acceptances a little earlier.

Edited by nsaper

Did you berkeley guys email POI's first? I didn't email a single POI before submitting applications, probably should've done that. Hindsight is 20/20

Not to mention that the three of you also got into Stanford/Yale, so I'm sure Berk is trying hard to pull in some of the top talent

I got into Berk and I didn't email any POIs beforehand :). I got emails from 2 of the 3 I listed. One is a collaborator of the lab I currently work in, so I wasn't too surprised, but the other had no connection to me or my lab. I applied to the materials program btw (not sure if that's in my sig)

So is UMich done sending interviews? People who got an interview, what was your field?

Med Chem, that program is through the pharmacy school though

So is UMich done sending interviews? People who got an interview, what was your field?

I don't think UMich has made very many decisions for chemistry at all, the results search shows only one person here has been accepted so far.

Edited by KineticIsotopeDefect

Nope, I didn't email any professors before submitting apps.  As I mentioned in a previous post, I got an email from a POI (listed as my #1 choice on my app to Berkeley) one week after I was accepted.  He said he would call me but he still hasn't.  He also addressed me by the wrong name... Merp.