Chemistry Applications Fall 2015

ChemiKyle

Hi,

I'm international (UK) and have been invited for some visitation weekends. Is it reasonable to ask for funding aid to visit schools? (In particular MIT and Caltech). Flights are approx $700. 

Thanks in advance.

You can also see if the schools you visit/interview at will allow you to plan things so you can fly across the pond once and visit them back to back. I know people who lived on the East Coast and visited all Cali schools in this manner. 

This is a bit of a delayed response, but I turned my app in on the due date  (Dec 15th) and heard back four days later. They are on the ball with the application process!! Question, were you in contact with any of the professors there? I'm wondering if thats why I heard back so fast.

Sorry for the late reply. No I wasn't in contact with any of the professors there, seems like they were on point with their applications.

Got accepted to UW-Madison today! The email ended up in my spam folder like someone else had mentioned, so be sure to check yours.

Me too! I'm so excited! Also thought chances were looking a bit slim.

Same. I started losing hope a couple of days ago after I saw a number of people getting into Berkeley but I kept refreshing my email only to see no replies... until now. Congrats! ^__^

Nothing better than scaring my lab because of this. I freaked out a couple of people because our school wifi was too slow in loading my Berkeley email. LOL.

Same. I started losing hope a couple of days ago after I saw a number of people getting into Berkeley but I kept refreshing my email only to see no replies... until now. Congrats! ^__^

Nothing better than scaring my lab because of this. I freaked out a couple of people because our school wifi was too slow in loading my Berkeley email. LOL.

Without much hope for anything I figured I'd refresh ones more before going to bed, and there it was! Will be difficult to get to bed now! 

Congrats!

Edited by Svann

no worries. I noticed you are also applying to harvard chem bio - i gave em a call yesterday and they told me that they were meeting today to review apps, and interview invites should go out tomorrow.  :unsure:

Looks like no news from Harvard Chemical Biology today. Hopefully tomorrow!

Looks like no news from Harvard Chemical Biology today. Hopefully tomorrow!

in a moment of desperation i called the program coordinator for the umpteenth time. the coordinator said that invites should go out this afternoon, but the've been experiencing difficulties of some kind. I called again at 5 but no answer. It may be that they're still working on these "difficulties," or they've sent all invites. praying for the former! here's to hoping, I suppose...

did you also apply to scripps btw?

in a moment of desperation i called the program coordinator for the umpteenth time. the coordinator said that invites should go out this afternoon, but the've been experiencing difficulties of some kind. I called again at 5 but no answer. It may be that they're still working on these "difficulties," or they've sent all invites. praying for the former! here's to hoping, I suppose...

did you also apply to scripps btw?

Yeah, invited for both campuses last week.

Don't lose hope yet! It seems like many programs send notices in batches (ex. Scripps, Berkeley), so there could be more good news in the future.

Thanks for comforting me.

Actually, an offer from my dream school is enough even if I am rejected by all other schools.

Look forward to the offer from Harvard. :)

My~ I haven't received any news since Texas A&M. To think I received their admission so early in Dec, I started to doubt myself that it was not because of my good qualification, but merely of by chance and luck.
Come on~   :mellow:

Edited by Maxtini

For those waiting to hear from UIUC (myself included), I spoke with the graduate coordinator this afternoon and she reassured me that they have not even come close to sending out most of their offers. Some files still have not even been reviewed as 140+ sent in applications during the night of the deadline. Hoping for some more good news next week! This week has been a little slow.