Chemistry Applications Fall 2015

ChemiKyle

all harvard chemical biology invites were sent out today

When you say chemical biology, does that include organic chemistry? They seem to all belong to one department of chemistry and chemical biology

When you say chemical biology, does that include organic chemistry? They seem to all belong to one department of chemistry and chemical biology

There's the chemical biology PhD program (which allows you to work for PI's from outside of the chem department) and there's the department of chemistry & chemical biology (CCB). If you applied for chemistry, you applied to CCB, which doesn't have interviews.

Edited by KineticIsotopeDefect

There's the chemical biology PhD program (which allows you to work for PI's from outside of the chem department) and there's the department of chemistry & chemical biology (CCB). If you applied for chemistry, you applied to CCB, which doesn't have interviews.

oh right okay. thanks for clearing that up!

Accepted to Wisconsin-Madison today! Like others have mentioned, mine was in my spam folder, so everyone should definitely make sure to check there. I've been particularly antsy about admissions this week (this site is wonderful, but does not always help with paranoia and anxiety), so it's a nice relief.

woo hoo yay Princeton! 

Hopefully the lack of news from Caltech does not automatically mean a rejection  :)

I doubt that the lack of news from Caltech means a rejection, considering only one person has heard from them - from the previous years' results, the Caltech acceptances tend to go out in waves over a couple of days/weeks.

all harvard chemical biology invites were sent out today

Was this confirmed by program?

To anyone who got MIT or UC Berkeley, 

If you are sure of going to another school, please reject the offer asap & not hog onto it? Thanks! :)

Have all MIT and UCB acceptances been made or something?

Was this confirmed by program?

I doubt all the MIT and UCB acceptances have already been made. MIT acceptances first came out this week, and I think only 2 or 3 people on this forum have heard back from them so far. As for UCB, considering acceptances have been continuing to come out over the last few days, I'd give them a few more weeks as well.

Same here. History says we'll get it tomorrow. Bummer.

Princeton's graduate admissions website for chemistry says that admission decisions will be shared on 2/1 so I guess they've only notified the more qualified candidates first so maybe there's still hope ..? Waiting for mine too.. :(

Yeah, I've lost all hope in my admission to Princeton. It's just gunna be nice to sleep tonight, and to be confident about something for the first time in about a month.

Good luck to everyone, I wish you all the best. May the best man win, and I shall support it.

UCB has a fair amount out already. MIT has a few only.

I really want to hear back from one of these two schools. 

Edited by tbqh

Princeton's graduate admissions website for chemistry says that admission decisions will be shared on 2/1 so I guess they've only notified the more qualified candidates first so maybe there's still hope ..? Waiting for mine too.. :(

I think they're just saying that that's the latest we'll hear back.

Princeton's rejections have started going out. Oh well! Congrats to everyone who was admitted!

Just got mine too. Did you also get a generic email from the Dean of the Graduate School? I'm wondering if these emails are candidate-specific- mine said something about not being a good match for the program...