Chemistry Applications Fall 2015

ChemiKyle

Do you think all the Caltech, MIT, and Scripps interviews/acceptances are out? I'm getting really anxious and stressed, and kind of wish they would send rejections out already...

Do you think all the Caltech, MIT, and Scripps interviews/acceptances are out? I'm getting really anxious and stressed, and kind of wish they would send rejections out already...

i feel you mate. sometimes it just makes you wonder how hard it can be for schools to send out all the acceptances on the same day, instead of this rolling system. sure would save us all a lot of grief.....

Just called Stanford. They said a majority of acceptances have not yet been sent out and they are still reviewing applications. However, they said they would all be out by Feb 5th.

could someone do this for caltech and mit too HAHA. thanks for that by the way!

The Graduate Admissions Committee has evaluated your application to the Colorado State University Ph.D. Chemistry program for the Fall 2015 semester. Unfortunately, we are only able to accept into our program a fraction of the candidates who apply each year. Regrettably, we are unable to extend an offer of admission to you.

If your application was submitted in late February or later, it is possible that you were not admitted because we had exceeded our target class size for 2015-2016. You are welcome to apply for the program starting in Fall 2016.

disappointed but didn't expect anything else. sub 3.0 gpa, 1 year research 1 co author 1 first author paper, 2 good lor, 1 lor from prof I got an A from.

Edited by skiprat

I am seriously considering calling MIT but I have a feeling what they'll tell me is: "you'll hear by February 1st!" which I know already. Also I'm terrible on the phone.

The Graduate Admissions Committee has evaluated your application to the Colorado State University Ph.D. Chemistry program for the Fall 2015 semester. Unfortunately, we are only able to accept into our program a fraction of the candidates who apply each year. Regrettably, we are unable to extend an offer of admission to you.

If your application was submitted in late February or later, it is possible that you were not admitted because we had exceeded our target class size for 2015-2016. You are welcome to apply for the program starting in Fall 2016.

disappointed but didn't expect anything else. sub 3.0 gpa, 1 year research 1 co author 1 first author paper, 2 good lor, 1 lor from prof I got an A from.

LOL, how generic could they possibly be? Late February? They must be from the future.

Congrats ! So jealous of you :P Do you know if they're done sending out notifications yet ?

Thanks, I'm sort of in chock! :) I'd doubt there is any reason to worry yet. I mean, I got mine last night (EST) so why wouldn't someone get one today or tomorrow? I was sort of thinking that Berkeley wasn't going to happened when I got their admission letter.

My MIT letter discussed funding. Domestic student.

I would be very surprised if a school as rich as MIT would accept someone in the Chemistry program without taking care of the funding.

Svann, did your letter discuss funding at all or was it just an acceptance?

No, just acceptances from both MIT and Caltech. I'm assuming there will be funding, but I might ask them about it if I don't hear anything in the coming days. 

I just got an acceptance from UCLA and am very excited! Congratulations to everyone else as well, it seems like there are so many people getting into great schools!

Edited by andyyy

No, just acceptances from both MIT and Caltech. I'm assuming there will be funding, but I might ask them about it if I don't hear anything in the coming days. 

ok, i just wanted to make sure.  I'm assuming that it wil come in a later follow up email, thanks.  

Has anyone else not heard back from Scripps who thought they had an in?

Me. I interned at Scripps FL one summer and applied to both campuses but haven't heard anything yet. I called the CA campus and was informed that they were still in the beginning stages of deciding who they wanted to interview, which contradicts the several interviews on the results page...regardless, I'd stay hopeful for the next few weeks

Is it safe to say UIUC isnt giving out any more admission offers? What about UWashington? Cal?

edit - obviously there could be some exceptions, but I mean - are the bulk majority already handed out? 

Edited by ucdude

for those of you who got into MIT, is there a link for you to check the application status ? Both UC Berkeley and UCLA have one, but I've only seen the link for the online app..

What's the status on your UC Berkeley app? Mine still says 'submitted'.

I just got an acceptance from UCLA and am very excited! Congratulations to everyone else as well, it seems like there are so many people getting into great schools!

Congrats on the (really early) UCLA acceptance ! How did you find out btw ? My application status still says that "no decision has been made on your application".

Congrats on the (really early) UCLA acceptance ! How did you find out btw ? My application status still says that "no decision has been made on your application".

Thank you! I got an email with the acceptance and an attachment with all the information. They also had a link to a form to sign up for the visitation weekend and whatnot. When I login to check, it says the same thing though so I don't really know how that works lol.