Chemistry Applications Fall 2015

ChemiKyle

Same here..but I feel like you might have a better chance than I do since a) I only applied to top programs and B) I am international

Yale, MIT, Princeton, Caltech, Harvard, Stanford, UW-Madison, and UNC Chapel Hill are all top programs too, just saying lol

So you're telling me a chance? ;) Haha.

What did you ask them? I should do this for all schools, ask if the majority of their decisions have gone out. I mean it's not even the end of January and apparently Cal is out of admission offers. Dang. That's fast.

I don't know about you, but as far as I go, I don't think I have a chance (esp since I just saw a new UC Berkekey acceptance on the results search page today). As for the email, here's what I asked:

I applied to the graduate department of chemistry during the Fall 2015 term. I would like to ask the following questions about my application: 1. Has any decision been made on my application ? 2. If I do not hear back before February, can I assume that I have been rejected ? 

I don't know about you, but as far as I go, I don't think I have a chance (esp since I just saw a new UC Berkekey acceptance on the results search page today). As for the email, here's what I asked:

I applied to the graduate department of chemistry during the Fall 2015 term. I would like to ask the following questions about my application: 1. Has any decision been made on my application ? 2. If I do not hear back before February, can I assume that I have been rejected ?

Hold on. The candidate was accepted to Cal on 6th Jan, so there is still hope. Don't give up!

Would we receive any notification from the school if we are placed on the waitlist?

Hold on. The candidate was accepted to Cal on 6th Jan, so there is still hope. Don't give up!

Would we receive any notification from the school if we are placed on the waitlist?

I would imagine that Berkeley will send out mass rejections (all on one day) in the next two weeks. Those that are left standing per se will be the waitlist.

I do not have information at this time. We have made the majority of our admission offers. If more, possibly only 1-2. All applicants will receive information by the end of February or sooner.

Department of Chemistry Doctoral Program

University of California, Berkeley

I'm with ChemPlasmonics- based on the reply above I really wouldn't keep my hopes up..all my hope now is on UCLA

I have high hopes for UCLA, one of my best friends lives in LA and I really hope I can go there. 

Unfortunately they tend to send very late responses (at least for rejections), sooooo more waiting! Yay :(

Still no news from CCB at Harvard...= =

Has anyone emailed them asking when decisions come out? I probably check my application to see if there is any updates about every day. At this point I just want to know one way or the other!

I have high hopes for UCLA, one of my best friends lives in LA and I really hope I can go there. 

Unfortunately they tend to send very late responses (at least for rejections), sooooo more waiting! Yay :(

Yea their application status website says that we won't hear back until at least March or April..but I already saw two people get accepted on the results search page so I'm not sure what's going on.....Ahhhh I'm going insane !!!!

I have called several Graduate Chem department 

Michigan Ann arbor : 5 or 6 spaces left for Domestic students 

Northwestern : most of the acceptance letter had been sent

Columbia : most of the acceptance letter had been sent

Yale : most of the acceptance letter had been sent (But still reviewing)
Wisconsin Madison : 800 Applications -> Accepting 250 Applicants. (Still Under Review)
Penn State : They checked my name and said they are about to review my application (an e-mail will be sent out by nxt week)

Wisconsin Madison : 800 Applications -> Accepting 250 Applicants. (Still Under Review)
Penn State : They checked my name and said they are about to review my application (an e-mail will be sent out by nxt week)

Thanks for the update!!!  :) I actually just emailed UW-Madison...

Edited by lasermad

Ugh. I was hoping for Columbia still. Bummerrr

Ugh. I was hoping for Columbia still. Bummerrr

not sure if graduate office is telling the truth cuz i only see 3 ppl who's got accepted to columbia so far.. 

anyone have info for columbia chemistry acceptance wave? 

based on 2014 2013 the acceptance letter should be sent out (all of them)

but based on 2012 i think we still got time until mid feb

Oops~ just got rejection from University of Chicago. It seems decision from top programs will be finalised this week, given Harvard had sent out their acceptance.

Bracing for Incoming rejection form Yale, UNC-CH, Berkeley, UPenn, Northwestern, UCSD.
Hoping to get news soon from GATech, NYU, Houston, UCSC, Arizona State, and Ohio State.

Edited by Maxtini