Fall 2015 Acceptances (!)

So far I've been admitted to UC Davis and UMass Amherst. I'm still waiting on 13 other schools. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with either of these schools? I know Davis is ranked higher, but I try to put too much stock into that. Which would you rather attend?

BTW - I'm 19th and early 20th C American, immigrant lit, space and place studies. I'll have an MA from Kansas at the end of this year, BA from South Carolina

I can't speak to the academics personally, but I have been to Amherst many times if you have questions about the area. I did a lot of research on the program and really wanted to apply, but it just wasn't a fit for my interests. Congratulations!

I'll join the UCLA rejects...although I feel a bit weird posting this in the acceptances thread. I guess creating a rejections thread would be too depressing...

If it doesn't exist yet I'm totally going to make one as soon as I get my first rejection (which I expect next week based on when the schools I applied to usually notify). Yeah, it's depressing, but it seems more appropriate for commiseration. ;)

Man, it's hard to keep up with everyone's fantastic acceptances! Haha admittedly I'm more of lurker here, but way to go, y'all! Stellar humans all around.

Does anyone here have experience with Nebraska? I just was offered full funding for their rhet/DH MA and their program sounds pretty amazing, but I'd love to hear more from students:) 

Also, I can sympathize with your UCLA rejections--I just got the Berkeley form letter. Sigh. I mainly applied because of its proximity to Yosemite and other epic climbing places, but it still stings a little.  

Congrats to all the continued success of everyone!

Today I about had a heart attack though tbh because my sister checked the mail and told me "there's something from a university for you." Needless to say my heart dropped. Alas it was a graduation announcement from my undergrad school that spelled my name wrong. (Idek why I was sent it considering graduation was like 9 months ago but okAY).