Fall 2015 Acceptances (!)

Yes, a rejection thread might not be a bad idea. I suspect that the only reason one hasn't been made yet is that the thread will invariably become associated with your name. The same reason why we all think Hreathemus is so amazing, of course. 

(Nah, the truth is that she simply is!)

OMG WT! Flattery will get you... well, actually a lot, heh. I'm kind of a sucker. But you're so sweet!

Honestly, I'm not all that - today in my grad seminar I bumbled through my mini presentation like a total fool. I was so nervous, knowing I'm actually going to be working with these people for the next five-ish years!!! I think the written bits were ok, but ugh... this is a whole new set of skills to learn. Public speaking, young-person-teaching, networking - ack! It's a scary prospect.

Congrats, SouthernScholar and In Hac Spe Vivo! That's awesome news! I haven't actually asked for an acceptance yet, so maybe I'll try that trick... (begging won't be far behind).

And Hreathemus? I think you're the bee's knees AND the cat's meow. High praise from this guy. :D

Congrats In Hac! I was accepted to Georgia State tonight too -- also no mention of funding. It looks like they've offered funding to two other GC members already. Do you plan on emailing the DGS and asking about funding? I was unsure what to do. I can't really make an informed decision without knowing if they will fund me.

Congrats In Hac! I was accepted to Georgia State tonight too -- also no mention of funding. It looks like they've offered funding to two other GC members already. Do you plan on emailing the DGS and asking about funding? I was unsure what to do. I can't really make an informed decision without knowing if they will fund me.

Congrats! I met several Georgia State grad students at SAMLA last winter, and it seems like a very congenial, productive program. My plan is to hold off until tonight. I'm hoping the DGS will follow-up with funding info sometime tomorrow. If I haven't heard anything by the time I get out of class I plan to contact them.

I was accepted to Iowa State, which is a perfect fit for what I'd like to do! I see a few others in the results search. Any of them lurking around here? I'd love to chat about their thoughts on the program. 

Way to go!

I was accepted to Iowa State, which is a perfect fit for what I'd like to do! I see a few others in the results search. Any of them lurking around here? I'd love to chat about their thoughts on the program. 

Wonderful news mmmscience! Congratulations!

For those getting admissions from Brown -- 1) congrats! and 2) where do the letters show up in ApplyWeb? I don't see any link to check status or messages or anything like that...

It took twenty minutes or so for the decision letter to show up after I received notification a decision had been made (once it was posted it was plain as day).

Edited by In hac spe vivo.