Fall 2015 Acceptances (!)

Very good!! Congratulations all you lucky-dog Cornell and Chapel Hill and Princeton admits! Gnossienne, your accepted/waitlisted/rejected school list is really throwing me for a loop: this really is a crapshoot, isn't it?

I was just accepted to UConn, which really surprised me, actually. I was worried the fit was a stretch.

Very good!! Congratulations all you lucky-dog Cornell and Chapel Hill and Princeton admits! Gnossienne, your accepted/waitlisted/rejected school list is really throwing me for a loop: this really is a crapshoot, isn't it?

I was just accepted to UConn, which really surprised me, actually. I was worried the fit was a stretch.

Dude, you have no freakin' idea--or rather, you totally do because we're all stuck in this boat together. Little did we know what we were signing up for barely two months ago...

But, hey!!! Super big congrats about UConn :DDDD super happy that the cheer is going around

Congrats, Cornell admits...and to Gnossienne especially! That joint MFA/Ph.D. program is particularly tough to get into -- one per year, I believe! Are you on the fiction side or the poetry side of things?

I got in for fiction! I totally thought I wouldn't get the joint program since they accept so few people each year (I was asking a friend of mine who's a grad student there and she said pretty much what you did, that they accept something like 1 person per year) so I'm just like ???

I'm sorry about Cornell though--I've been following the forum for so long that I've been rooting for you and Cornell for a while now :( like hypervodka  said,  this stuff really is a crapshoot.

I'm sorry about Cornell though--I've been following the forum for so long that I've been rooting for you and Cornell for a while now :( like hypervodka  said,  this stuff really is a crapshoot.

Aww. Thanks. It's fine though -- truly. I've got one strong acceptance option, which takes a surprising amount of the sting out of subsequent rejections.

The creative writing side of my application was always a major longshot anyhow, given my penchant for formal / traditional verse.

Good luck, and write some AWESOME stories! :)

UCLA's the same way. Getting time off from work to go to all of these humpday open houses in March has been such a hurdle.

I know! And now Cornell's is a Wednesday, too. We shouldn't complain--it's a lovely problem to have!--but the number of times I've had to email teachers to say "Um, so, about attendance in this course…" And what about people coming from MA programs, who have to be teaching during that time? I get why they do it, but still.

I know! And now Cornell's is a Wednesday, too. We shouldn't complain--it's a lovely problem to have!--but the number of times I've had to email teachers to say "Um, so, about attendance in this course…" And what about people coming from MA programs, who have to be teaching during that time? I get why they do it, but still.

Seriously! I mean, I can understand making it having one day that's a work day so interested people could sit in on a seminar and so forth, but there is no reason there needs to be three weekdays in there!

it seems like UNC is mostly done for the day with decisions. i confess i don't understand why decisions are dribbled out - it's just as easy, if not easier, to do them all at once, if you're sending form emails for rejections or whatever, no?

Edited by circlewave

it seems like UNC is mostly done for the day with decisions. i confess i don't understand why decisions are dribbled out - it's just as easy, if not easier, to do them all at once, if you're sending form emails for rejections or whatever, no?

Yes, that's what it looks like. I wish they did them all together so I could at least KNOW for certain, even if it is a rejection.

Relaying more news from my Facebook feed: UVA acceptances are rolling out presently.

how do you know, if you don't mind my asking? and do you know if they plan to send out emails, or should I be refreshing the website?

Congrats to all the admits!

unraed, stop being a dick and get rejected from somewhere.  ;-)

I've been rejected (or at least am assuming rejection, given that acceptances have gone out) from two programs, SO THERE!

Hey folks. This is my first time posting. I'm the University of Delaware admit on the results board. I wanted to let y'all know I accidentally flipped my Q and V GRE scores, and I'm not really sure how to edit that. 

Congrats to everyone on all of these amazing acceptances! This is such a nice community.