Fall 2015 Acceptances (!)

You've got OPTIONS!!!!

Congrats!! :D

Thanks, WT :) And here I was just yesterday saying I shouldn't have applied there (due to the ongoing strike/financial issues).

I am out of upvotes as well but thank you, everyone!!!! It's been such a long road and I don't think I could have maintained my sanity without everyone's support around here. 

Really hoping today is the day good news comes down the pipeline for everyone still waiting!!!

Edited by 1Q84

I am out of upvotes, but I am upvoting the crap out of this spiritually. So many congrats! Now you have some tough decisions and some great choices. :)

I'm smiling ear to ear right now! You deserve this. Andy agrees!

YES!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Congratulations, my friend! Such awesome news!!!

What amazing news 1Q84!!!!!! So so so thrilled for you!!!!

Congrats! That's a fantastic school! 

Can't upvote on my phone, but congrats on all the fantastic news today, 1Q84!

Congrats 1Q84!!!!!!!!!

Congrats IQ84!! :)

Congratulations, IQ84!

Not to belabor the point or hog any more of the thread to myself, but I wanted to thank you all for the kind outpouring of congratulations (since I can't with nonexistent upvotes)  :)

I'm so lucky to be a part of this cohort of TGC!!!

Edited by 1Q84

Congratulations to all of you beautiful, talented people!

I also got my good news today. After being rejected from Colorado, Brown, Pittsburgh, Florida, and Oregon, I finally heard back from Middle Tennessee and I'm in. 

Two days ago, my fiance and I had literally decided to just say "fuck it" and move to Burlington to open a Viking-themed brewery (that's still our ten year plan, no worries). 

Again, congrats to anyone else!

Congratulations to all of you beautiful, talented people!

I also got my good news today. After being rejected from Colorado, Brown, Pittsburgh, Florida, and Oregon, I finally heard back from Middle Tennessee and I'm in. 

Two days ago, my fiance and I had literally decided to just say "fuck it" and move to Burlington to open a Viking-themed brewery (that's still our ten year plan, no worries). 

Again, congrats to anyone else!

Congratulations!  And if you're talking about Burlington, Vermont, I can affirm that a Viking-themed brewery would fit right in.  The whole damned state is hop-crazy.  I will say that hard cider seems to be the coming thing....

Since there's not a separate thread for this, I'll say here that I became a complete fanboy when speaking with my prospective advisor at UMD just now.  She's all kinds of awesome, and I'm very excited to work with her, but it's a bit embarrassing in retrospect.  

Since there's not a separate thread for this, I'll say here that I became a complete fanboy when speaking with my prospective advisor at UMD just now.  She's all kinds of awesome, and I'm very excited to work with her, but it's a bit embarrassing in retrospect.  

In my (admittedly limited) experience with graduate professors, enthusiasm tends to breed enthusiasm. I wouldn't worry too much about it!

Edited by Wyatt's Torch

• 10 months later...
On 3/27/2015 at 1:22 PM, wetheplants said:

Welp, I got into Dartmouth's MALS program!!! Anyone know much about their reputation? (Are they considered another cash cow like UChicago's MAPH?)

this program is basically a waste of time and money.  The Dartmouth reputation really doesn't extend to this non-degree.  I attended the program and definitely regret it.  The classes are a joke and fail in comparison to regular Dartmouth undergrad or grad school courses.  Had some friends who went on to PhD's - but I believe they could have and would have anyway without this aimless pit stop.  aside from the cost, disregard by the academic community, uselessness of the degree and cost (did I mention the cost?), basic lack of admission standards - the worst part is that you don't graduate with a group of like minded peers in a professional track, you are a herd of cats.  useless. Either get into a real master's program in a subject or don't go to grad school.  Whatever you do - don't do this program (OR ANY other MALS program at any school in the world).