IHEID Masters, 2015

crdubocq

People hi! I talked with the institute representative last Friday and he told that there is some problem with the scholarship committee and the decision( admission + scholarship) they should made by the end of this week ( so according to them by 20 March. 2015). Hopefully they will make it on time! 

Hey, John, thank you for sharing it with us. So early addmission has an advantage of housing- if I knew earlier ;) 

Below is the email from Admissions Office sent on 6 march

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

You had applied for admission at The Graduate Institute earlier this autumn, in the first admission cycle, and you received an offer of admission. At this time, you might be thinking about preparing for your enrolment in the new academic year.

To help you in this process, we are pleased to announce the following upcoming deadlines:

Our Scholarship Committee will complete its evaluations on 16 March. A decision regarding your scholarship request will reach you between 17 and 18 March. We hope that it will help you finalise the decision whether to accept our offer of admission.

At that point, you will be asked to reserve the housing offer made to you by our Student House. You can do so by forwarding proof of payment of the reservation fee to the following address: student.house@graduateinstitute.ch by 23 March.

ATTENTION! This extended deadline is aimed at ensuring that you benefit from available housing spaces before we begin to make offers to candidates admitted in the 2nd admission cycle. After this deadline, we can no longer guarantee a favourable response to your housing request.

As you know, a section of our web site is dedicated to our newly admitted students, here. In it, you will find useful information for confirming your place at The Graduate Institute, for your  visa application and other pre-departure preparations. Do not hesitate to contact us with all other questions. We look forward to staying in touch with you throughout the coming months.

With our best regards,

People hi! I talked with the institute representative last Friday and he told that there is some problem with the scholarship committee and the decision( admission + scholarship) they should made by the end of this week ( so according to them by 20 March. 2015). Hopefully they will make it on time! 

Thanks for info ! fingers crossed!  ^_^

I just called the admission office and I was told that they are doing their best. We should receive an email either today late in the afternoon or tomorrow morning. Apparently a lot of people have been calling, the person on the phone was very friendly and said she understood how anxious we are.

I just called the admission office and I was told that they are doing their best. We should receive an email either today late in the afternoon or tomorrow morning. Apparently a lot of people have been calling, the person on the phone was very friendly and said she understood how anxious we are.

nice. thank you! crossing fingers. Please also write here the decisions whether positive or negative ( but of curse I hope we are all admitted)!

Thanks for sharing what they learned to those who called. The waiting has been tough. This is my first choice and for many reasons, I would like to join the school and reside temporarily in Geneva

I wish everyone the best of luck. Its good to see Im not alone on the excruciating wait! :)

Edited by Coffee&books

This sounds a little concerning! I have heard not all flattering things about the administration at the school from alumni. Hmm.

Hello! From sifting through last year's results and timings, it seems to me that Mar 20/21 was the day that decisions were relayed to applicants. This wait has been excruciatingly long ever since the status changed to "under consideration". 

My best wishes to all those who applied for Sept 2015 intake. I hope to meet everyone in Geneva!

It's 6AM where I am now, and though I tried, I just couldnt fall asleep. What is it with them?? It's not like they are marrying us! Results!!!

Learned that last year they messed up decisions, so they told people who were to be turned down that they were accepted. I imagine they will have to be extra careful this year.

Yeah but they said on the phone that the results were supposed to come today. I am not waiting until monday, I have other stuff on hold that needs to be exectuted if this doesn't work out!

Just checked the application follow up page and it says that I am admitted to MA in IR/PS! However, the scholarship section states that I'm on the waiting-list. Did anyone get any more particular information on their scholarship decision?