IHEID Masters, 2015

crdubocq

Hi everyone! I also applied for MA International Relations/Political Science for 2015-2016 and I am still waiting for the results ! checking the application follow up every minute! :wacko::wacko: Good Luck everyone!!!

I know that it's really hard to wait to get the decision! I have also applied and been accepted to the IR/POLS programme. Hope to see you in fall!

I know that it's really hard to wait to get the decision! I have also applied and been accepted to the IR/POLS programme. Hope to see you in fall!

Hi Fgol118, that is great ! congrats!! I hope I'll also be admitted and we would meet! when did you get the admission letter ?

Hi Fgol118, that is great ! congrats!! I hope I'll also be admitted and we would meet! when did you get the admission letter ?

I have applied to the early round and received the letter on december. I am sure they will inform you too till the end of this week. I sent an e-mail to the school on monday but they didn't reply. They are probably busy with your applications and getting redy to announce the results!

Hey guys, I'm curious as to why you didn't apply in the first round of decisions? Was it that you hadn't heard of IHEID yet or was it something else? For anyone reading this thinking of applying next year, I can recommend applying for the early round of admissions. Our wait seemed to be shorter than that of the second round.

Hang in there guys, results will be released soon!! And all the best!

Hey guys, I'm curious as to why you didn't apply in the first round of decisions? Was it that you hadn't heard of IHEID yet or was it something else? For anyone reading this thinking of applying next year, I can recommend applying for the early round of admissions. Our wait seemed to be shorter than that of the second round.

Hang in there guys, results will be released soon!! And all the best!

Still waiting for the scholarship outcome. It will be released today as informed by Admissions Office.

Waiting for the decision as well. Got waitlisted in the first round so I am unsure whether it is a good or a bad thing. Fingers crossed though!

Still waiting for the scholarship outcome. It will be released today as informed by Admissions Office.

Hi guys! any news ? I am dying here of waiting  -_-  :( John, Scholarship outcome of early admissions was supposed to be out today, or was it for regular admissions? 

Grad888, for me, the reason why I had to wait for the second round was because of my referees. I wanted a professor from last semester and he didn't know me well enough by mid-November to write a reference for me, especially since our assessments were all at the end of the semester. Otherwise, I definitely would've applied by the earlier deadline!

Hi guys! any news ? I am dying here of waiting  -_-  :( John, Scholarship outcome of early admissions was supposed to be out today, or was it for regular admissions? 

No results can be found now :(

I was accepted for the early round of admission. The Admissions Office emailed me that scholarship outcome will be out between 17 and 18 March 2015. 

No results can be found now :(

I was accepted for the early round of admission. The Admissions Office emailed me that scholarship outcome will be out between 17 and 18 March 2015. 

I see, thanks! and good luck with the Scholarship!

About the scholarship, taking in consideration what people above told us (they called IHEID), it should also be out by tomorrow or friday, together with the results of the admission. 

Mine might take a little longer =(, for there was a problem with a document, which is now under processing. 

Below is the email from Admissions Office sent on 6 march

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

You had applied for admission at The Graduate Institute earlier this autumn, in the first admission cycle, and you received an offer of admission. At this time, you might be thinking about preparing for your enrolment in the new academic year.

To help you in this process, we are pleased to announce the following upcoming deadlines:

Our Scholarship Committee will complete its evaluations on 16 March. A decision regarding your scholarship request will reach you between 17 and 18 March. We hope that it will help you finalise the decision whether to accept our offer of admission.

At that point, you will be asked to reserve the housing offer made to you by our Student House. You can do so by forwarding proof of payment of the reservation fee to the following address: student.house@graduateinstitute.ch by 23 March.

ATTENTION! This extended deadline is aimed at ensuring that you benefit from available housing spaces before we begin to make offers to candidates admitted in the 2nd admission cycle. After this deadline, we can no longer guarantee a favourable response to your housing request.

As you know, a section of our web site is dedicated to our newly admitted students, here. In it, you will find useful information for confirming your place at The Graduate Institute, for your  visa application and other pre-departure preparations. Do not hesitate to contact us with all other questions. We look forward to staying in touch with you throughout the coming months.

With our best regards,

Yes, there's no reason why the scholarship results for early action candidates shouldn't come out today - although it's getting past business hours in Geneva and still no sign. Are they releasing the scholarship decision for all candidates at the same time? Did anyone try to contact them today? 

I really think they are releasing scholarship decisions for all candidates at the same time, and (I hope) that might be tomorrow or friday, according to the guy who called the department of admission before. 

I'm also waiting. I'm glad I found this forum. I'm nervous, bu I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. I applied for IHEID's Master in International Affairs. Checking 5 times a day.

Edited by marcosemc

I can't deal with this wait anymore? What are the chances we will get the results today?

Same here.. some guys called and we are supposed to get the results either today or tomorrow. I can hardly wait!

I can't deal with this wait anymore? What are the chances we will get the results today?

I asked them when they will announce the decisions about scholarships and they told me that we will learn it by the end of the week. So I think we don't need to check our e-mails today. They will probably announce the results tomorrow.

Yeah I think so too. The e-mail regarding admission should come early in the morning, and it's passed noon now, so hopefully tomorrow. Jeeez..

They announced the decisions around 5pm for the early admissions. But still I don't think that they will inform us today.