Any Fall 2015 Admission applicants?

hrw5051

I just found out I'm accepted to KU! They didn't mention anything about funding yet, has anyone else been accepted and heard about funding? I'm waiting until after I get the official letter before I contact them, just to see. First official acceptance, and one of my top two programs of choice! :D

I have a question. I applied to the University of Oklahoma. They told me I had everything I needed for application. I didn't realize until now that you are supposed to interview with them before February 1st. What happens if you didn't interview? Will they try to set one up anyway? Thanks!

It is on their website. Go to google and search "University of Oklahoma audiology interview" and click on the first link. It is on the bottom of page 8 and top of page 9.

I asked my friend who is a current student there and she said they usually conduct interviews anywhere from the beginning to middle of March. Also, if you look at the very bottom of that document it says the last time it was updated was in 2009. I think we're okay!

I asked my friend who is a current student there and she said they usually conduct interviews anywhere from the beginning to middle of March. Also, if you look at the very bottom of that document it says the last time it was updated was in 2009. I think we're okay!

Edited by Mmc0020

Is that a right to left split, or top/bottom?

Jeez, I've heard of some grueling interview processes but thats ridic...

Sorry I'm such a geek, but I've been reading this for 4 days or so and thinking this every time.

I wonder if everybody else is expecting to hear from lots of their programs in the last week of February? That is kind of what I'm expecting - no news till that week. Wish it were earlier.

Omg I probqbly terrified you, I think they just split the group randomly, the only reason the split the group is because the labs are small!

I heard from the University of Illinois Urbana Champaign last night.  

When I went through the grad school process more than a decade ago it was a much more personal process.  Professors called and talked to you, interviews conducted and funding discussed right away.  It might be the difference between Ph.D. programs and AuD programs, or maybe between Research Psychology Grad programs vs. a more professionally oriented program.   Or maybe just changing times.

Does, anybody have plans or advice they would like to share for how they plan to ask about funding?  Timeline?  Who will you call? etc.

Oh well, next week besides going to the Iowa interview, I am taking it on myself to drive to two extra schools to get some face to face time with folks, maybe that will help.

Please give me any ideas you currently have about broaching the topic of funding.  I expected the schools themselves to do it, and now it looks like I have to regroup and come up with a new plan.

Were you accepted to Illinois? Hmm. I was accepted to Kansas through email, no mention of funding. I'm going to wait for the official letter, then email back the woman who emailed me. I definitely am going to ask.

I'm hoping Iowa will get back to us quickly about acceptance and funding after interview day next week. Everything is happening fairly quickly but I just want to make a final decision! It's a tough wait,and with thousands of dollars on the line, it's incredibly stressful.

I'm dying, I have seen two people on get accepted from Wichita State, via postal, and I have heard nothing. I wonder if they are just slowly rolling them out or what? Or if I got wait listed, or something. My mailman is slow, so that could be hindering things, but it's annoying watching people get it, and just sit waiting. (It also doesn't help that my last recommender submitted her letter a couple days late...) I guess you can say I am SO nervous about receiving replies.

I'm dying, I have seen two people on get accepted from Wichita State, via postal, and I have heard nothing. I wonder if they are just slowly rolling them out or what? Or if I got wait listed, or something. My mailman is slow, so that could be hindering things, but it's annoying watching people get it, and just sit waiting. (It also doesn't help that my last recommender submitted her letter a couple days late...) I guess you can say I am SO nervous about receiving replies.

Oh no! I am one of the two people... but good thing is, I'm very likely not accepting! I need to hear back from another school, in about a week, but I'm very likely not attending. So even if you are waitlisted, there could very well be another spot opening up soon! :). Is Wichita near the top of your list? Where else did you apply?

Oh no! I am one of the two people... but good thing is, I'm very likely not accepting! I need to hear back from another school, in about a week, but I'm very likely not attending. So even if you are waitlisted, there could very well be another spot opening up soon! :). Is Wichita near the top of your list? Where else did you apply?

Funny story, Wichita is not actually at the top of my list, but it is one of the first I expect to hear from, so... It's kinda been making me sit at the edge of my seat. My top school is actually UNCo, I could really go for in state tution, after I'm considered instate again. I Guess I'm just going stir crazy waiting for decisions to be made.

I was invited to do a phone interview at the University of Oklahoma too. Do you know what we should expect? And about Auburn, it's just normal interview questions. They are super relaxed. Don't worry, you will do great! I went to the interview on Saturday!

No idea what to expect. I'm sure they'll just ask the basic interview questions that most schools ask.

Mmc0020, do you have a date/time for your phone interview yet?

Edited by cannondale