Any Fall 2015 Admission applicants?

hrw5051

Well, for the last 7 years I've been a professor of cognitive psychology.  I like classroom instruction, so in that way I do like teaching.  Before that I was doing a lot of research.  I want to get my AuD to be able to work in a clinical and medical setting.  Helping people hear.  I like the idea of being able to live in just about any semi-metro area of the country and actually making a livable salary. (not always the case for profs.)

Also to respond to jj23: as for being able to keep up with accelerated - Maybe I'm fooling myself, but I'm so hung-ho to get a new start and a new challenge, I wouldn't mind getting tossed into the deep end. 

Ah, I see. Well, I would like teaching in that way, I believe, or at least teaching a subject I'm passionate about. That's far different than my current itinerant position in a public school. I agree, working in a medical clinical setting sounds great. I'm possibly open to educational audiology too. 

I also agree, I'm very excited to get a new start and a new challenge that's such a better fit for me that, while I'm aware that course loads along with clinic and research will be intensive, I'm beyond excited to get started. I'm not too worried about getting tossed in the deep end either.

A few more deadlines for schools I applied to pass in a few days, excited to start hearing back, about interviews at least! It's early yet but I am very excited.

What is the timeline for funding? Do schools make funding offers at the same time as admission?

I think it depends, but most I've talked with do sometimes make funding offers at time of admission. Other programs might have one or two spots for funding they make those aware at time of admission, all others wait until they arrive to try and get GA's and TA's while they are in school; no guarantee semester to semester. I, along with everyone else, is hoping for one of those guaranteed offers. Looking into in-state funding is a great idea too, paying less for quality education is paramount!

What is the timeline for funding? Do schools make funding offers at the same time as admission?

With mine last year, they all made funding offers a about 1-3 weeks after.

The ones who didn't were kind of upfront in telling that they wern't going to offer any funding

The time-line of funding offers seems to vary amoung programs. One school offered funding immediately, the others made their offers closer to the deadline. I would encourge you to communicate with the programs you are accepted into regarding your specific needs.

Stay in contact with the programs you are interested in. I'm the AUD department chair's GA and she was telling me that they are starting the review process next week.

Good luck to all.

Has anyone submitted their academic update to csdcas? just curious if your new transcripts have been updated and how long it took? i feel like i have been waiting a while for mine to process!

Has anyone submitted their academic update to csdcas? just curious if your new transcripts have been updated and how long it took? i feel like i have been waiting a while for mine to process!

I submitted my academic update and mailed my transcripts on December 18th. It was verified on January 7th.

I submitted my academic update on December 18th, my transcripts were received on January 31st, and my update was verified on January 2nd. 

Just got an email from Iowa.  I was invited to their interview day on Friday Feb 27th.  That is very good news for me.  They were the highest ranked program I applied to and they seem like a great program.

Too bad funding is going to be such an issue for my family.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you audiaranel. 

Just got an email from Iowa.  I was invited to their interview day on Friday Feb 27th.  That is very good news for me.  They were the highest ranked program I applied to and they seem like a great program.

Too bad funding is going to be such an issue for my family.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you audiaranel. 

So excited to hear you got an email from Iowa! Thanks for the crossed fingers... I also got an email today that I am also invited to their interview day on February 27th. I am definitely going, I might see you there then! I am also excited, Iowa is one of my top two schools. I'm excited to hear back from other schools.

I agree, funding is just a big issue for all of us I think. Hopefully everyone is able to get the level of funding that they need! 

Best of luck to you and I may see you next month! I've already visited the program last month, so if you have any questions about location, good hotels, etc, feel free to let me know! :)

Edited by audiaranel

I am definitely going, I might see you there then! 

Yep, I'll be there.  I'll be the old guy named Mike.  I see our other overlap is Bloomington, I don't really have much of a feel for when they might send any notices.

Good luck with everything, and see you on the 27th.

Yep, I'll be there.  I'll be the old guy named Mike.  I see our other overlap is Bloomington, I don't really have much of a feel for when they might send any notices.

Good luck with everything, and see you on the 27th.

Very exciting! I will be one of the (probably) many women named Sarah. I don't have much of a feel for Bloomington either. I'm not sure if they do interviews or not either. I did find out recently that they don't have hardly any pediatric experiences, which is my planned specialty. And I have heard from someone that he talked to one of the individuals in charge of the program at Bloomington and he admitted there were few if any funding opportunities. Something to keep in mind, as I know funding is of great import for you as well. Hurry up and wait seems to be the theme for the next few months, I hope they go by quickly!

Does anyone know which programs do interviews? James Madison is the only one that blatantly says they do(at least where I applied)! I applied to Purdue, vanderbilt, James Madison, Rush, u of Illinois, memphis, unc, Wisconsin-Madison, u of Arizona and u of Florida!

Does anyone know which programs do interviews? James Madison is the only one that blatantly says they do(at least where I applied)! I applied to Purdue, vanderbilt, James Madison, Rush, u of Illinois, memphis, unc, Wisconsin-Madison, u of Arizona and u of Florida!

I'm not sure about most of those, but as for UNC-Chapel Hill (I assume by UNC), I have heard that they require in-person interviews. I assume that if you live far away, I'm not sure if they provide any financial assistance for travel, but I do know they require in-person interviews. Not sure about the others though, sorry!! I assume most will say up-front if they require interviews, or they might say when you call and talk to them.

I'm not sure about most of those, but as for UNC-Chapel Hill (I assume by UNC), I have heard that they require in-person interviews. I assume that if you live far away, I'm not sure if they provide any financial assistance for travel, but I do know they require in-person interviews. Not sure about the others though, sorry!! I assume most will say up-front if they require interviews, or they might say when you call and talk to them.

Okay great! I had heard that UNC - Chapel Hill does but couldn't quite find any information exactly! Thanks!

Edited by AUD201518

Wisconsin- Does not interview

U of Arizonal - Does not interview

Rush - Does not interview

Edited by AuDorBust

Hi folks,

I'm taking a clinical course this semester.

For a small project, I'm exploring the experiences of people who wear hearing aids. Do any of you wear or know of someone who wears hearing aids and is interested in sharing their views?

The questions are very basic (five questions). I can PM you the questions. I'm not collecting names. I really appreciate your help.

Has anyone gotten an e-mail from JMU for an interview? I just got one today but the description didn't say anything about actual interviews, so I wanted to know what to expect. Does anyone have any idea?

I did! Mines the 27th! I'm going to email her back and ask kind of what to expect so im prepared :)

Has anyone gotten an e-mail from JMU for an interview? I just got one today but the description didn't say anything about actual interviews, so I wanted to know what to expect. Does anyone have any idea?

They will split you in half (I think) and then you will the groups will visit the separate labs, while one group does that, the other half does a groupish interview, and talks to grad students, then you will rotate to single profs. And when they feed you lunch they are always watching, interact with people, they want a group that meshes well.

That is about the extent of my knowledge. And is probably a little off. Last time o talked to Dr.Rout was in like Novemeber. (I went undergrad there)

They will split you in half (I think) and then ...

Is that a right to left split, or top/bottom?

Jeez, I've heard of some grueling interview processes but thats ridic...

Sorry I'm such a geek, but I've been reading this for 4 days or so and thinking this every time.

I wonder if everybody else is expecting to hear from lots of their programs in the last week of February?  That is kind of what I'm expecting - no news till that week.  Wish it were earlier.

did anyone else get into university of Cincinnati? Curious about other funding offers.... I got 50% of my out of state fee for the first year. which is nice for that year until id gain residency. 

Does anyone know if UT knoxville does interviews? I looked back to last year on the results search and it looks like people were notified of acceptance Mar 2 or 3, but I cant find any timeline or ETA on interviews. They didn't have a supplemental application that i could find in addition to CSDCAS so their program application committee is a big mystery to me right now!