Any Fall 2015 Admission applicants?

hrw5051

Just got an email from "The University of Iowa" at 3pm Mon 3/2/15 notifying me of acceptance decision.  

I have some serious decisions to contemplate.

Congrats! I got the same email, glad to be accepted! Lots of decisions... no funding though. So I'm looking at Iowa or pretty much free at MSU... which is lower ranked, but Iowa is impressive. Very difficult. Lots of decisions. Best of luck in your decision!

Congrats! I got the same email, glad to be accepted! Lots of decisions... no funding though.

Thanks,  they were so conscientious to be very clear about funding at the interviews.  Unfortunately the word "Funding" or assistance did not appear at all in my letter (one way or another). I thought that possibly funding information might come later.  What made you think no funding?  They were so good about being upfront in person.  I was disappointed that they didn't at least say "Unfortunately … you will not be funded in your first (year, semester, etc.).  At least I would know.

Thanks,  they were so conscientious to be very clear about funding at the interviews.  Unfortunately the word "Funding" or assistance did not appear at all in my letter (one way or another). I thought that possibly funding information might come later.  What made you think no funding?  They were so good about being upfront in person.  I was disappointed that they didn't at least say "Unfortunately … you will not be funded in your first (year, semester, etc.).  At least I would know.

They were very clear. I emailed Dr. Goodman about five minutes after my initial email asking about funding, as there was no mention of it in the email as well. He informed me that offers have already been made, they could fall through but if you didn't receive information already, you (and I) didn't get that holy grail of funding :(. I know they say to expect to be funded at least one semester, bu that's a drop in the bucket and doesn't make much financial difference in the long run. I really dread the potential of paying 1400 a month in student loans. I hate that it's about the money...

Congrats guys! Giving up funding to go to a higher ranked school is a tough choice, and if you are from out of state it's even more difficult. Remember that ranking isn't everything and a lower ranked school might be a better fit for you, it all depends on what you personally are looking for in a program. You can always hold out and hope that the 2 with funding got an offer to thier #1 choice and you get bumped up the list!

Congrats guys! Giving up funding to go to a higher ranked school is a tough choice, and if you are from out of state it's even more difficult. Remember that ranking isn't everything and a lower ranked school might be a better fit for you, it all depends on what you personally are looking for in a program. You can always hold out and hope that the 2 with funding got an offer to thier #1 choice and you get bumped up the list!

I can only hope! It is a tough choice. I am out of state. I enjoyed many aspect of Iowa, the professors really make the difference I think. I'm touring MSU next week, to get a feel for the location and program director. I'm not as big of a fan of MSU as I am of Iowa, but every benefit to Iowa I can think of, I always ask myself "Is it really $80,000 better? Hmm... ;). I'll have to see. I hope if the two with funding make a decision in the next few weeks! Time will tell! Regardless, I really enjoyed interview day and LOVED the prosem. Ah.... man. I'm starved of audiology on my job and just soak it up when I can :). Husband says I'm an ear nerd... :)

Anyone apply in the Southeast? I feel like I'm the only one in this region on the forum. Then again, I have only skimmed through the recent posts! I applied at South Alabama and Southern Miss for AuD, and Southern Miss for Deaf Education (deadline March 30) as a back up plan. I got waitlisted at Southern for AuD and haven't heard from South Alabama yet. I just wish I could see stats (gre scores, gpa, etc) on the other applicants so I could rank myself and prepare!

Anyone attending University of Illinois U-C openhouse next week?

I unfortunately will have to skip.  If you go, could you report back on how their clinic "feels" does it seem active, a positive place to spend time, or is it a bit gloomy like some academic audiology SLP clinics seem to be.  Also what kind of space do students have, own offices? nice lounge? or just somewhere else on campus?

I unfortunately will have to skip. If you go, could you report back on how their clinic "feels" does it seem active, a positive place to spend time, or is it a bit gloomy like some academic audiology SLP clinics seem to be. Also what kind of space do students have, own offices? nice lounge? or just somewhere else on campus?

I unfortunately can't go either due to spring break. The campus is really pretty though! But Ive never been to their clinics so I would appreciate some feedback from someone who attends! :)

OldAuD and AUD201518 Sure, I'll do what scouting I can. I'm driving (moving?) from out of state, so I plan to check apartments too.

Edited by macmurfy

To whoever said they were accepted to Auburn University: can you please tell me how you were accepted (mail, email)? Thanks!

Has anyone heard anything from Memphis or South Alabama? I hate the waiting game!

Nothing from South Alabama yet, I heard it should be the last week of March before we hear. Hopefully they wrap up sooner than that!

Edited by JaggyJ