FREAK OUT FORUM-MPH

Femtastic

I keep looking for apartments on Trulia and Zillow. Rules: Near T, close to hockey. If they let me in with my abysmal GRE quant score, I'm going to fail out because I'm an Ice Bunny. Which, speaking of public health topics .... No? Just me? Okay then. 

I realized that people are getting admitted by schools but most of them are epidemiology. And there 's no sign of environmental health folks. Should  I email the admission office and ask?

Hey everyone! I have a question I had been a little nervous because I have not heard back from any mph or MSPH programs yet and most of them were due on December 15th. Is this a bad sign?? I was told by a top five public health school that my application was very strong when I mentioned my worries about my GRE score. Do you think that I have a chance if the rest of my application is strong besides my GRE, which is very low?

Hey everyone! I have a question I had been a little nervous because I have not heard back from any mph or MSPH programs yet and most of them were due on December 15th. Is this a bad sign?? I was told by a top five public health school that my application was very strong when I mentioned my worries about my GRE score. Do you think that I have a chance if the rest of my application is strong besides my GRE, which is very low?

I definitely wouldn't worry yet. Just because the application deadline was December 15th, it doesn't mean that schools give out acceptances that early! Most schools tend to give out their acceptances from late January to early March. I have only heard from 4/10 schools that I applied to so far. 

My SOPHAS was verified on 11/13. I have heard back from three schools so far. I was admitted to Mt. Sinai for a MPH and Boston University for an MPH in Epidemiology. I was rejected from George Washington for an MPH in Epidemiology. 

Hi, I was wondering if you received a email from Mt. Sinai saying they received your Application? I submitted my SOPHAS pretty late (1/16/2015) and it haven't been verified yet. I only heard back from one school saying they received my Application.

Hi, I was wondering if you received a email from Mt. Sinai saying they received your Application? I submitted my SOPHAS pretty late (1/16/2015) and it haven't been verified yet. I only heard back from one school saying they received my Application.

I did not get any confirmation from Mt Sinai saying that they received my application. The first correspondence I received from them was my acceptance e-mail. 

Thanks for responding!!! I'm just nervous because I haven't even heard about interviews.....guess I'll wait until at least the end of February to become a total wreck.

Unless you're trying for HPM programs, most schools do not offer interviews. It is usually a straight accept/reject (sometimes waitlist). 

Has anyone heard back from University of Washington yet? It seems like they maybe aren't as quick to make decisions as some other schools, but they are my first choice so I'm getting antsy to hear.

Best of luck everyone!

Has anyone heard back from University of Washington yet? It seems like they maybe aren't as quick to make decisions as some other schools, but they are my first choice so I'm getting antsy to hear.

Best of luck everyone!

SAME.

I EMAILED THE ADMISSION OFFICE AND ITS BEEN TWO DAYS THEY HAVENT REPLIED TO ME YET.

YALL I AM FREAKING OUT, HENCE WHY I AM POSTING IN THIS FORUM. 

You all are so far ahead of me...long story short, I got accept to Tulane's MSW program and then decided I wanted to do their joint MSW/MPH so I just submitted my SOPHAS application TONIGHT and I am super nervous because hello it is February. Their admissions are rolling, but do you think applying this late will hurt me?? I know that's the whole point of being rolling but I am NOT a last minute girl, I am an apply in October girl...what if it is too late. SOMEONE GIVE ME WORDS OF WISDOM PLEASE