GEM 2015 Fellowship

GradStudent2015

Hey Guys! 

I applied too. My status went from preliminary match, to matched, and it's been at Held for about a week now. I read last year's thread about the GEM fellowship and still don't really understand what Matched and Held and Released means! 

i applied last year. major miscommunication between my university and GEM so i reapplied this year for early consideration again. I got a call from one company last week, was a brief conversation and the rep let me know they were about to review candidates later that week. Still havent heard back yet. My status still says held. Has been that way for about a week or so.

I applied for the early consideration. I didn't apply to all three schools since I was already in the program. My school rep told me that I don't have to apply to 2 other schools since I was already in a program. I am applying to the PhD fellowship.  Anyways got an email from GEM saying I have to apply to three schools or my application will be disqualified.  Which I did last minute anyways. My employer status was matched to released. Does anyone know what released means?

I applied for the early consideration. I didn't apply to all three schools since I was already in the program. My school rep told me that I don't have to apply to 2 other schools since I was already in a program. I am applying to the PhD fellowship.  Anyways got an email from GEM saying I have to apply to three schools or my application will be disqualified.  Which I did last minute anyways. My employer status was matched to released. Does anyone know what released means?

Released means that an employer has put your application back to the general pool. 

Yes, released means you are back in the pool.

What is the difference between "held" and "matched".  I imagine they both mean a employer is reviewing an application.

From the National GEM consortium:

"With regard to your HELD employer status, GEM Employers are actively reaching out to Completed 2015 GEM applicants right now. Please make sure your voicemail is updated with a professional outgoing message. Please respond within 24 hours to any requests for an interview or other GEM Employer inquiries. You will see your homepage Employer status change from unmatched, to matched, to released as your application is previewed by several Employers. Do not be concerned with this status."