2015 Admissions General

I don't know if anyone can answer this but assuming you get an interview, what is the likelihood you get rejected?  Is it mostly for the school to narrow down people from a first cut to a final decision or is it mostly for the student to get a sense of the program?  

no I didnt get an interview. I heard they'd admit pretty much all interviewed. 

I am an international so not sure when I'll get a response from them, if not a straight rejection..

Hm, didn't get the JHU interview invite or a Wisconsin Madison decision today. Wished schools would just mass send all yes or no's at once instead of leaving some to speculate.

I guess that would be nice but they are probably considering you for the second around of admits. It's always better to be considered than flat out rejected, right?

Hm, didn't get the JHU interview invite or a Wisconsin Madison decision today. Wished schools would just mass send all yes or no's at once instead of leaving some to speculate.

Of course, the solution is to simply check gradcafe less. But we all know the likelihood of that.

Sounds like we need to hype up this party and add to the anxiety. Aside from NC State, it seems like most schools are slower than last year, but I could be imagining things.

This time last year for statistics, really the only results that I remember were from Wisconsin, Washington, and NCSU. A bunch came out around the second week of February.

I guess that would be nice but they are probably considering you for the second around of admits. It's always better to be considered than flat out rejected, right?

Haha, I know what I proposed is more or less a logistical impossibility and yeah I hope that's the case. This is good patience training if nothing else. 

Are you talking about the interview invitations they sent a few weeks ago, or are they actually sending out the letters of acceptance?

There are a bunch of Harvard Statistics PhD results out in the results search right now. Nothing official on Biostatistics yet it seems. 

Are you talking about the interview invitations they sent a few weeks ago, or are they actually sending out the letters of acceptance?

It's stats PhD acceptance emails. Biostat decisions come by mail, and probably won't arrive until either very late next week or early the week after

Yeah I saw that UCLA rolled out today and I haven't received any emails. In fact, my application still says "Submitted" on ApplyYourself. Kind of worried at this point.

Yeah I saw that UCLA rolled out today and I haven't received any emails. In fact, my application still says "Submitted" on ApplyYourself. Kind of worried at this point.

I had called the UCLA stats department. They said we should know by Feb 1st. So all the best to everyone out there! That program hasn't been accepting many internationals and that is what concerns me.