Skowhegan School of Painting and Sculpture

Painter1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Vimeo views:

My video from my app has been viewed 5 times via skowhegan, 3 in mid February, once in mid March, and once on Saturday March 21st. Apparently, according to past years, all videos of people who were accepted were viewed until at least mid-March.

I guess that means I'm in the final draw, we will all know by the end of the first week of April!

Vimeo views:

My video from my app has been viewed 5 times via skowhegan, 3 in mid February, once in mid March, and once on Saturday March 21st. Apparently, according to past years, all videos of people who were accepted were viewed until at least mid-March.

I guess that means I'm in the final draw, we will all know by the end of the first week of April!

ANYONE DEALING WITH THIS TOO?

I noticed the same thing. All of mine were viewed a couple of times in February and they were viewed again last week. Hopefully that could mean good news.

I noticed the same thing. All of mine were viewed a couple of times in February and they were viewed again last week. Hopefully that could mean good news.

mine were also viewed a bunch in February, and then once or twice in the past week. So it seems like we all have the same pattern. I wonder if maybe it doesn't mean anything.

Vimeo views:

ANYONE DEALING WITH THIS TOO?

Mine's only been viewed 3 times total, with the last one happening on Sunday March 22....I don't have plus so I'm hoping its Skowhegan and not someone random looking at my vimeo  :P (though the other 2 viewings occur in Feb...)

In hindsight, I feel like I could have submitted a stronger app. I did the photo and video combination, but upon reflection I should have just opted to do photos and include some documentation of recent shows. 

I really want to go, (if not, I'll be trying again next yr) but at least I will be going to Vermont Studio Center with a fellowship this fall for a month.  :)

Mine's only been viewed 3 times total, with the last one happening on Sunday March 22....I don't have plus so I'm hoping its Skowhegan and not someone random looking at my vimeo  :P (though the other 2 viewings occur in Feb...)

In hindsight, I feel like I could have submitted a stronger app. I did the photo and video combination, but upon reflection I should have just opted to do photos and include some documentation of recent shows. 

I really want to go, (if not, I'll be trying again next yr) but at least I will be going to Vermont Studio Center with a fellowship this fall for a month.  :)

When did Vermont Studio Center contact you?

Mine's only been viewed 3 times total, with the last one happening on Sunday March 22....I don't have plus so I'm hoping its Skowhegan and not someone random looking at my vimeo :P (though the other 2 viewings occur in Feb...)

I really want to go, (if not, I'll be trying again next yr) but at least I will be going to Vermont Studio Center with a fellowship this fall for a month. :)

Did you apply for the feb 15th deadline to vermont studio center? Edited by Derpderpderp

When did Vermont Studio Center contact you?

Did you apply for the feb 15th deadline to vermont studio center?

Yes I applied for the Feb 15th deadline. I applied this previous Fall season ('14) but was wait listed. Didn't make it off the wait list, and just tried to build my portfolio in between late Nov (when I heard of the wait list) and end of Jan. I heard back from Vermont the week of March 13....but I think that was just for fellowship recipients? Did you both apply? 

I was given a deadline to respond with my "decline/acceptance" by March 30....so hopefully there'll be another round of emails going out in early April.

I have friends on the east coast that said VSC wants you to work in the studio constantly so much to the point that the kitchen will deliver food to you....oh boy. 

Yes I applied for the Feb 15th deadline. I applied this previous Fall season ('14) but was wait listed. Didn't make it off the wait list, and just tried to build my portfolio in between late Nov (when I heard of the wait list) and end of Jan. I heard back from Vermont the week of March 13....but I think that was just for fellowship recipients? Did you both apply? 

I was given a deadline to respond with my "decline/acceptance" by March 30....so hopefully there'll be another round of emails going out in early April.

I have friends on the east coast that said VSC wants you to work in the studio constantly so much to the point that the kitchen will deliver food to you....oh boy.

I did apply! Ive heard a whole bunch of nothing, haha, i tried to call and inquire but they didnt seem like they wanted to communicate anything over the phone (they didnt ask for my name or anything, just told me to wait for an email). Congrats though!

I did apply! Ive heard a whole bunch of nothing, haha, i tried to call and inquire but they didnt seem like they wanted to communicate anything over the phone (they didnt ask for my name or anything, just told me to wait for an email). Congrats though!

Thank you! I am putting positive energy out there for you...hopefully you will hear from them in early April. 

I've heard from multiple sources that Skowhegan has a 'sweet spot' (timing wise) for MFAs...they like to either take you before you've gone (you've been accepted), or in the middle of your program. I don't think they typically take them as they are graduating....still keeping my fingers crossed though ;P 

Thank you! I am putting positive energy out there for you...hopefully you will hear from them in early April. 

I've heard from multiple sources that Skowhegan has a 'sweet spot' (timing wise) for MFAs...they like to either take you before you've gone (you've been accepted), or in the middle of your program. I don't think they typically take them as they are graduating....still keeping my fingers crossed though ;P 

Hmm. I wonder how they would possibly know the former though? If I applied in December, before I even finished MFA applications, how would they know that I even applied or had been accepted when they are making their decisions in march/april?

Hmm. I wonder how they would possibly know the former though? If I applied in December, before I even finished MFA applications, how would they know that I even applied or had been accepted when they are making their decisions in march/april?

should clarify....they only really know through word of mouth in that case. i.e. professional reference saying they've been accepted, or someone who has a connection to the committee and informs them they've been accepted. (some schools have close ties to the residency) Sorry, not trying to make that sound shady or seedy, I'm sure it's one of those cases where they're reviewing someones work and someone might happen to mention, "oh i heard they just got accepted to columbia..." or whatever. 

I have Vimeo plus

Plus for me too.

With plus can you actually see who is looking at your videos? (like, could you tell if it was Skowhegan because it listed a viewing from Maine or something?) I don't have Plus, but thinking about it..

Mine's only been viewed 3 times total, with the last one happening on Sunday March 22....I don't have plus so I'm hoping its Skowhegan and not someone random looking at my vimeo :P (though the other 2 viewings occur in Feb...)

I really want to go, (if not, I'll be trying again next yr) but at least I will be going to Vermont Studio Center with a fellowship this fall for a month. :)

aethiryn, what month are you going?? I'll be there in June :)