Any Columbia MSW hopefuls?

socialworkette

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hiclub2- I originally was accepted to NYU this year but deferred it to stay locally in Chicago.  So now I'm looking to apply and hopefully get into Columbia as a transfer student.  It's nice to see someone else on here who is also transferring...kept feeling like I was the only one.

hiclub2- I originally was accepted to NYU this year but deferred it to stay locally in Chicago.  So now I'm looking to apply and hopefully get into Columbia as a transfer student.  It's nice to see someone else on here who is also transferring...kept feeling like I was the only one.

Hi Jax. Did you go to Univ of Chicago? I'm trying to figure out whether there or Columbia. I feel like I keep hearing negative things about Columbia besides networking advances with the Columbia name. 

Baboon15- UChicago is great program but emphases the macro/organizational level of practice.  They still have a wonderful clinical track but I am considering the school based specialization at different schools.   I have not heard negative things about Columbia but I guess it depends on what area of specialization you go into and if the school matches your area of interest.   

Happy Monday everyone xD another week is before us....let's hope this is it! I'm trying to hold back constantly checking and am limiting myself to 1x/day for the website and checking my email only as I normally would. Of course I'm gonna still be looking at this thread who are we kidding lol....I feel like it's a "watched pot never boils" kinda scenario so hopefully this week goes by so fast and it just appears randomly......one can hope!!

Hiya everyone! 

I've been lurking around this forum for a few weeks and I've finally decided to create an account.

Gosh, this is such torture! But I keep reminding myself that it could be worse. I know here in Canada certain programs don't send out answers before April or May... and the application deadlines are December 1st too!

Good luck to everyone! Let's hope the GOOD news come in soon!

Does anyone know if it's possible to extend the time you have to accept another school's offer? I've been accepted into NYU and the deposit is due tomorrow to secure my spot, but obviously, Columbia is my first choice. Does anyone have experience with this?