Any Columbia MSW hopefuls?

socialworkette

From my experience, if your results doesn't come out by 1week of march you more likely to get a rejection letter. Columbia sends out rejection letter at the end. 

And there goes my anxiety level skyrocketing into the great beyond!

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I applied 12/1. My application was complete on 12/15.

GPA 3.3

Interned at 3-4 nonprofit orgs in undergrad. Graduated May '14. Currently doing AmeriCorps VISTA at a resource center for people experiencing homelessness. 

Best of luck to everyone still waiting! It's torture. 

Edited by khack

Honestly, just shut the hell up. No one wants to hear your insincere condolences. You got in? Good for you and the others, but keep the bs to yourself. That goes for you and all the other "hang in there" asshats in this forum.

Wow. Unprofessional much?! This blog is for insight and support.

wow that was uncalled for, I am pretty sure that person didn't even get in yet but you're supposed to be going into social work and that is how you talk to people.......?

Agreed. This was the last place I'd expect to find drama!! Especially people who start it and that want to be a Social Worker.

It will say status update when you open your application. Don't lose hope! There could have been a lot of people who applied!

Thanks for clarifying daisyduck - that makes sense now because I was wondering how people could find out before getting the official email if it was another separate portal….

I'm fairly certain everyone on here genuinely wants the best for their peers. I know I can use the support right now.... Not that kind of negativity.

YES^^^^ I'm happy with how this thread has grown over the last few weeks and tempers are running high understandably...but people really need to stay chill! There is still plenty of time to find out. I'm still waiting as well.

the awkward moment when you say "deuces" and "jokes" and then you tell us we have poor english....

Honestly, this is a flucking joke. People with 2.5s, 3.3s, poor English, and (don't forget!) "experience in a foreign country," etc getting into Columbia? Jokes. It looks like just another case of pandering to "international" student dollars and/or bleeding heart "liberals" who'd rather be caped-crusaders in a country half a world away than do any flucking thing about issues right  here. To hell with domestic students who want to make a difference HERE. Oh, no. That'd be anathema. You have to want to feed starving children in Brazil or clothe LGBT youth in Korea to get any attention these days. Screw it. I'm changing majors. If I'm going to be played by the system, I might just as well make money doing it. Deuces "social work." STEM education, here I come. 

Edited by chilly8