Any Columbia MSW hopefuls?

socialworkette

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You may actually need a therapist. You're rude and disrespectful. People are wondering when people will be accepted he's giving us information that is useful. Go somewhere else!!! And you're making fun of me for saying lol?? You're talking in caps and talkingggg like thissss.

Honestly, if you don't like what I'm saying,  you're free to ignore me, but I know that a hit dog will holler, so kindly stop barking on my post every chance you get. Please and thank you:)

Honestly Sum_1... Clearly my experience is just as valuable as a high GPA... I struggled with a lot of emotional issues in college, got my shit together and still got into an ivy league grad school. I do know how to write a paper, and actually am an exceptional writer. Probably half the reason I got in was due to my personal statement. Sorry, I don't mean to be obnoxious and I never would be otherwise, hence the reason I thought I would share my GPA to give others hope. I thought this was a safe space. So quit your immature whining! Thank you everyone else for being so supportive throughout the process and I TRULY do wish everyone the best of luck!!

@AstoriaGal I don't think you need to apologize to that person and you were not being obnoxious. Whether we've heard back yet or not we're still happy to hear when people get their acceptances.

Whatever reason anyone gets in we don't need to justify it to other people. We all have our different paths and experiences and strengths that got us here and I'm sure we're all deserving for different reasons.

Is everyone else coming straight from undergrad? I am actually graduating in 3 years so I am really young and was wondering if anyone else is around my age.

I am! I'll be 21 starting if I get in, graduated in 3 years too

Ahhh emmypie, so glad to hear I am not the only one graduating early. I will also have just turned 21 when I start as well :)

yay!! I'm pretty sure I'm not going to get in this time, but it is good to know there will be other babies in the program :) I was worried a lot of people were going to be older with lots more life experience than me and intimidating. Good luck! I hope you get in!

Geez y'all what happened to this place yesterday. Glad to see some more people heard back, though it sounds like advanced standing people haven't started receiving decisions yet, which gives me hope. Here's to constant email refreshing starting Monday. Congrats to those who got in yesterday!

Keeping y'all in my thoughts and sending positive vibes your way as you await decisions!

I'm also on the younger side - 21 as of December and graduating a year early as well. From what I understand is that Columbia's MSW students tend to be younger than other MSW applicants in the tristate area. 

Anyone else super concerned about the price tag on Columbia? I'm honored to have been accepted, but nervous about having additional loans on top of my NYU loans. I'm hoping to take part in a loan forgiveness program by way of public service for 10 years in a hospital or rural setting...but time will tell. Time to wait for the financial aid package!  :(

Keeping y'all in my thoughts and sending positive vibes your way as you await decisions!

I'm also on the younger side - 21 as of December and graduating a year early as well. From what I understand is that Columbia's MSW students tend to be younger than other MSW applicants in the tristate area. 

Anyone else super concerned about the price tag on Columbia? I'm honored to have been accepted, but nervous about having additional loans on top of my NYU loans. I'm hoping to take part in a loan forgiveness program by way of public service for 10 years in a hospital or rural setting...but time will tell. Time to wait for the financial aid package!  :(

Yes I'm worried about the price as well. Especially since everyone I have asked in the program keeps telling me it's not worth the money and really is only great for networking. I'm thinking about NYU since it seems to be a better fit and more affordable. That, or Chicago since the cost of living is cheaper.

@emmypie I really wouldn't put too much stock in it. It just turned March 1st so we've got the next week at least to hear back, if not longer. There's still a large majority (esp domestic students, etc) that haven't heard back. There really doesn't seem to be a logical way they're going about sending out notifications.

@rad1993 add me as a +1 for worried about price tags. I'd be moving to NY from Richmond, Virginia which is a pretty affordable city. It's going to be a huge financial burden to come to NY for school whether I go to NYU or Columbia but I'm hoping that the experience is worth it and that I get a decent financial aid package (as we all are hoping haha)

Columbia is pricey but NYU isn't that much cheaper actually. I hear that if you're interested in having your own private practice eventually, Columbia on your resume will be useful. Fill out the fafsa.. you'll never know what they're going to help you with until you do that.

Alright y'all its Monday. It's either happening today or within the next four days. We've waited 3 months already, we can do this!

At least this is the pep talk I give myself  :P