Any Columbia MSW hopefuls?

socialworkette

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point I don't even care if I get rejected. I just want to knooooooow

I'm almost at that point too, like I just can't take waiting anymore.

Is anyone else just feeling like straight up annoyed with Columbia? It's frickin mid-March and they have not given us (advanced standing people) decisions yet! Don't say March 1 if you have no intention of getting decisions out by March 1 nevertheless two weeks beyond that. They obviously go from who will be giving them the most money to least- international students, then 2 year students, then 1 year advanced standing students. 

I'm in! Got the email about two hours ago. Glad to finally know something. They're only giving us to March 30th to decide though.

Yeah, not a lot of time. I'll be in the city for the accepted students day on the 21st so I will let y'all know how that goes afterwards.

I'm in! Got the email about two hours ago. Glad to finally know something. They're only giving us to March 30th to decide though.

Speaking of this March 30th date, can anyone confirm whether or not we will hear from financial aid regarding scholarships and other funding before this deadline?

Congrats to everyone who got accepted!!

Quick question. Is it me or is the CUSSW website down?

Edited by Jordanna

The admissions office told me I would know the answer by the end of this week. Guess what? No answer still. So frustrated with them. I got a generic email a couple of weeks ago and on the bottom it said, "Again, congratulations! Join our admitted students Facebook group here." But no actual offer. Ugh. I am mostly just frustrated with the long wait (4 months) when they said 4 weeks and that they keep saying that we would know "this week". 

The admissions office told me I would know the answer by the end of this week. Guess what? No answer still. So frustrated with them. I got a generic email a couple of weeks ago and on the bottom it said, "Again, congratulations! Join our admitted students Facebook group here." But no actual offer. Ugh. I am mostly just frustrated with the long wait (4 months) when they said 4 weeks and that they keep saying that we would know "this week". 

Did you log alllllll the way in to your app? That is where I saw my decision. I STILL never got the email but the official decision letter was in the portal.

jharper, not sure what you mean by "alllllllll the way" :).  I logged in and it says "submitted". I do not see any decision letters but how weird that they updated you so long ago without sending an email.

I wonder what percentage of people who end up attending Columbia lose deposit money because they had to accept other offers.

jharper, not sure what you mean by "alllllllll the way" :).  I logged in and it says "submitted". I do not see any decision letters but how weird that they updated you so long ago without sending an email.

I wonder what percentage of people who end up attending Columbia lose deposit money because they had to accept other offers.

Ok when you get to where it says "submitted" click where it says "Fall 2015" and then "open application". That will take you to that page where it says "Application Status for First Name Last Name" and then there will be a status update right under where your name and app number is and you can click the link that says "view update" which takes you to the decision letter.