PhD Bioengineering/BiomedicalEngineering Fall 2015-

disasterprone

Btw, is anyone here going to the interview for Columbia during feb 26-28? Just curious

I think I have decided not to attend- I saw on results page someone posted BU open house was February 26-28 but my letter said more official info about open house was coming later. Did anyone else here it was 2/26-2/28? 

Btw, is anyone here going to the interview for Columbia during feb 26-28? Just curious

I am. 

Okay, So I've heard back from Columbia, Duke and JHU...

Rejected MIT and UW (tbh I think because of fit)

1. Does anyone have any information on whether or not Stanford will still be sending out invitations?... Are they going slow, or are my chances over.

2. Anyone hear back from Caltech, USC, or Georgia Tech??

I think I have decided not to attend- I saw on results page someone posted BU open house was February 26-28 but my letter said more official info about open house was coming later. Did anyone else here it was 2/26-2/28? 

My BU letter also said that more info about open house was coming later. I really hope that there is no conflict

Edited by ChineseAmigo

2. Anyone hear back from Caltech, USC, or Georgia Tech??

I got offered admission at GA Tech about two weeks ago via email. Whether or not they are sending any more, I couldn't say. 

Congrats on Columbia, Duke, and JHU. Seems like you've got great options already. 

Ugh, why are schools not telling me anything. Haven't heard back from UCSD, Northwestern, GA Tech, or Columbia. Do you think this will be rejection? What's weird is that I did research at Columbia (not undergrad there), so I feel like I should've heard back if it's positive news by now.

Weirdly, heard back from Caltech, but definitely worried I won't get in.

I got invited to the weekend of Feb 26-28 but I had a conflict and they said they have three Open Houses, including Mar 5-7 and Mar 19-21. So there's still time!

I'll be there March 19th!  :D

Does anyone have any information on whether or not Stanford will still be sending out invitations?... Are they going slow, or are my chances over.

I do think that Stanford has sent out most, if not all invitations (all on Jan 20-22 based on the Results search). I think the program is only having one main interview weekend as well (Feb 26-28). Sorry :/

It does look like you have other good options though...did you go to the Duke visit in January or is yours scheduled for feb/march?

Haven't heard back from UCSD, Northwestern, GA Tech, or Columbia. 

Weirdly, heard back from Caltech, but definitely worried I won't get in.

I don't think UCSD has sent out all of their invites yet. However, I think Northwestern has sent theirs out (on Jan 21-22) for an interview visit of Feb 19-20. Can't speak to the others. 

Do you mean you heard back from Caltech as in you got an interview at caltech? If so, congrats! Like other people have said, post-interview acceptances are still pretty high (like >75%).

Edited by disasterprone

I don't think UCSD has sent out all of their invites yet. However, I think Northwestern has sent theirs out (on Jan 21-22) for an interview visit of Feb 19-20. Can't speak to the others. 

Do you mean you heard back from Caltech as in you got an interview at caltech? If so, congrats! Like other people have said, post-interview acceptances are still pretty high (like >75%).

Went to Caltech interview and they told us 50% were expected to be admitted, so it was kinda nerve-wracking interview process.

I'm getting really confused in how some schools are responding and a lot of schools I applied to that I thought I had a good chance at are not replying back.  I guess it really shows how much of a crapshoot everything is.

Went to Caltech interview and they told us 50% were expected to be admitted, so it was kinda nerve-wracking interview process.

I feel like 50% are pretty good odds considering the odds you had to beat just to get that interview!  :)

(Though as someone about to be in a similar position, I completely understand why 50% is still pretty nerve-wracking.)

Edited by braindump

I feel like 50% are pretty good odds considering the odds you had to beat just to get that interview!  :)

(Though as someone about to be in a similar position, I completely understand why 50% is still pretty nerve-wracking.)

Thanks!  I'm worrying way too much, I need to find a hobby to distract things.  

(But back to worrying, they told us that they will tell us around the end of this month, ahhhhh!)

Wow, that's crazy low. Flying people out and not even accepting half of them? Yikes

yup, and what's weird is that they were reimbursing international students (up to $900!) and they invited like at least 5 of them during my interview weekend.  Maybe that shows how much Caltech can spend on these things.

Does anyone know if Boston University provides you with travel expenses if you get accepted into the Phd program?

I was told I'd only have to pay for bus/train/cab to and from the airport.

Or wait.. what kind of travel expenses? For the visit?

Edited by braindump

Yeah the visit. So i am guessing I will need to pay the bus/train/cab/plane 

Noo, they said I pay out of pocket only for traveling to/from the airport. So plane tickets are covered (or however else you choose to get there, train, car, whatever). 

If you applied to the BEE department, they don't do interviews - they just straight out accept/reject and all of the rejections have already been sent out. Not sure about the BME department, but I'm pretty sure they don't interview either. If the BME dept does do interviews, it seems they haven't been sent out yet.