Finalized itinerary?

I got notification of the dates about 3-6 weeks ahead of time. Usually 1 week prior, we get general information like where we are staying, what time to arrive on the first day, asking for dietary restrictions, and asking us to make choices with regards to meal options, tour options, list of names of people we'd like to talk to etc. Then the night before or the morning of your first day, we get the finalized schedule with actual names and room numbers.

If/when you get to the stage of job interviews, you'll realize that getting a finalized itinerary more than three days before you leave is awesome. You'll know the dates before that but not what will be happening until much closer. The same is true of graduate program interviews.

It's incredibly hard to create these itineraries. The grad students here run our department seminar series and when it's my week to create the visiting scholar's day schedule, I normally do not get everyone finalized in their time spots until the afternoon of the day before the visit! I can't imagine how much work it would to coordinate a large number of visitors at the same time!! Just another way I learned that the administrative staff are amazing!

I think this varies widely...I got an extremely detailed minute-by-minute itinerary weeks ago for an interview that isn't happening until the end of February, but I'm less than a week out from an interview that I haven't gotten any itinerary for (I just know where I'm staying...)

Oh, gotcha! For one of my interviews, they asked for a list of various flight options and said they'd let me know.... Still waiting lol

Wow, that's a little rough. When I flew out for an interview it got taken care of in a couple of days.

Now, that didn't mean I knew the schedule for when I was there, but that's a different issue entirely.

How far in advance have you received your interview itineraries for program-funded travel?

After I confirmed that I would go to the interview/recruitment weekend, one of my POIs emailed me the agenda from last year to give me a picture of what to expect. I'm still waiting on the finalized itinerary and agenda.

Invited students were asked for top choices of faculty to talk to so I'm expecting they're playing Faculty Member Jenga for the interview slots.