Waiting to Exhale (the wait list thread)

ProfLorax and Wyatt's Torch, thank you!  I'm out of upvotes and it's been too long a day to gather my thoughts, but I will be taking you both up on your offers; and I'm looking forward to meeting you both.

I'm so happy for you guys, but still pretty sad I haven't heard back from my own waitlists. D:

Keeping fingers crossed for you. It's not the 15th yet!

Movement is happening...I got off a waitlist! Now I have to actually make a decision. And not an easy one. 

Congratulations! :D

Edited by Katla

I'm so happy for you guys, but still pretty sad I haven't heard back from my own waitlists. D:

Keeping fingers crossed for you. It's not the 15th yet!

Ditto! Hope you get some news this week! 

Thanks guys. I'm getting really nervous and it's throwing off my sleeping schedule. In other news, they're going to film a reality series in my town. They're choosing people right now. If I don't get into grad school, there's my back up. I'll be someone's sassy BFF. I need to practice throwing wine at people's faces and ripping wigs off people's heads, though.

At Boston College there is one last offer out, and I am next on the waitlist. The school's my top choice. It's a coin flip. I spend my days willing this one person to not accept.

Hey person. Go someplace else. If you've spent this long thinking about it it clearly isn't a slam dunk decision for you. It would be a slam dunk for me.

Those are the kinds of things I say to them inside my brain.

Greenmt, have you officially accepted? I'm on the waitlist for UMD, 19th cent American, so I'm holding out that maybe there's still a chance, since I haven't heard anything, Haha. Oh, and congrats, by the way!!! :)

Greenmt, have you officially accepted? I'm on the waitlist for UMD, 19th cent American, so I'm holding out that maybe there's still a chance, since I haven't heard anything, Haha. Oh, and congrats, by the way!!! :)

Ow, ishmael.  I know how it is to be on the waitlist.   I sympathize.  I'm gonna send you a brief PM.

At Boston College there is one last offer out, and I am next on the waitlist. The school's my top choice. It's a coin flip. I spend my days willing this one person to not accept.

Hey person. Go someplace else. If you've spent this long thinking about it it clearly isn't a slam dunk decision for you. It would be a slam dunk for me.

Those are the kinds of things I say to them inside my brain.

This is pretty much my exact mental situation. Know that company exists for your misery, squankabonk.

@HelloThisIsDog I'm waiting for Comp Lit at Stanford and I'm full of angst and excitement! Going out of my overexcited, overanxious, overactive mind! I was told a couple of days ago that the waitlist is only two people long and that two people hadn't yet responded to their offers. I just saw (via social media) that one of those people turned her Stanford offer down! Eek. I think the other waitlisted person is ranked ahead of me but I know he has other interesting offers so it's quite possible he'd turn Stanford down. Unless he already has and the other person on the waitlist is someone else! Gahhh, so many thoughts.

@HelloThisIsDog I'm waiting for Comp Lit at Stanford and I'm full of angst and excitement! Going out of my overexcited, overanxious, overactive mind! I was told a couple of days ago that the waitlist is only two people long and that two people hadn't yet responded to their offers. I just saw (via social media) that one of those people turned her Stanford offer down! Eek. I think the other waitlisted person is ranked ahead of me but I know he has other interesting offers so it's quite possible he'd turn Stanford down. Unless he already has and the other person on the waitlist is someone else! Gahhh, so many thoughts.

Ahhh congratulations on that knowledge! My DGS hasn't said much and I'm afraid of being too forward should I ask. Best of luck and keep us updated!

Didn't get into BC. Pretty bummed.

Sorry to hear that. Being wait listed is so hard. I've decided to just treat my wait lists as implied rejections at this point, and I'm already starting to mentally prepare for a second round of applications next year. Hugs!

A1RXq.gif

Sorry to hear that. Being wait listed is so hard. I've decided to just treat my wait lists as implied rejections at this point, and I'm already starting to mentally prepare for a second round of applications next year. Hugs!

A1RXq.gif

Jean-luc-gohard,I am in the same boat.I am feeling so terribly low and stuck.