2015 Rejections

anyone know anything about Vanderbilt? I see a few rejections on the board but so far it's been silence on my end.

Yeah, I got an email last night (also at 6:20) telling me I was officially rejected.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again: I can't imagine how drawn out this process would have been if I were not on GC -- I would have been waiting until just yesterday to hear from Vanderbilt, with no idea of my chances...

You guys, we all made it through this season! It's a brutal process, but we all deserve the best. We should all be proud of ourselves. ❤️ Pass the wine? :)

I still have half of mine out there. :(

I wonder if it's a rule that rejections must come in pairs... I woke up to a rejection email from UCLA and have just come home to another one from Stanford... now I just need to find out what Rutgers wants and I can officially call this season over.

I wonder if it's a rule that rejections must come in pairs... I woke up to a rejection email from UCLA and have just come home to another one from Stanford... now I just need to find out what Rutgers wants and I can officially call this season over.

Hang in there, Katla! I hope Rutgers is a yes (I didn't even get an interview!). Did you get any other good news this application season??

You're waiting for Lehigh too! Its one of the schools that is not an implied rejection for me, at least not yet. I logged in to my application today, but it still says submitted. Have you heard of anyone being accepted, rejected, or anything?

This probably isn't what you want to hear, but someone in my program got an acceptance to Lehigh February 2 and their recruitment day for accepted PhDs and MAs happened two weeks ago. That doesn't necessarily mean anything, but it would give you an excuse to contact them. Edited by CrashJupiter

This probably isn't what you want to hear, but someone in my program got an acceptance to Lehigh February 2 and their recruitment day for accepted PhDs and MAs happened two weeks ago. That doesn't necessarily mean anything, but it would give you an excuse to contact them.

This is really helpful, thank you! And don't worry, you're not striking a devastating blow or anything. :)

Hang in there, Katla! I hope Rutgers is a yes (I didn't even get an interview!). Did you get any other good news this application season??

Thanks! :wub:  I got in at Wisconsin Madison and Washington, which both sound great, so I really have no reason to complain :) Although I do wonder at rejections' power to completely undermine any sense of accomplishment you might have felt about being accepted somewhere else.

Thanks! :wub:  I got in at Wisconsin Madison and Washington, which both sound great, so I really have no reason to complain :) Although I do wonder at rejections' power to completely undermine any sense of accomplishment you might have felt about being accepted somewhere else.

Don't let them! I applied to 16 and (so far) I have only one acceptance, but it's one I'm super proud of. Own it!  :D

I am curious to know more about the UW Ph.D. rejection, if that applicant reads this and is willing to share. Did you email the dept. or did they email you? I'm waiting to hear back myself. 

Me too. I've got nothing in my e-mail and my status hasn't changed on the website, but I've yet to see anyone post anything about acceptances or wait lists on the board--just rejections so far, it seems.

Edited by softcastlemccormick

Does anyone know what's going on with Penn State? I haven't heard anything from them and I've seen a couple rejections posted, but I know historically they can leave people on the hook through April. Thoughts?

Does anyone know what's going on with Penn State? I haven't heard anything from them and I've seen a couple rejections posted, but I know historically they can leave people on the hook through April. Thoughts?

No word from them, but in light of their past malfeasance in that regard, I'm just assuming rejection.

No word from them, but in light of their past malfeasance in that regard, I'm just assuming rejection.

Yeah, I've expected it for quite a while. Though, I can say many of my implied rejections ended up being unofficial wait lists. Given that there were some recent rejections for PSU I'm thinking it could be a possibility with them. Of course, I'm certainly not counting on it!