CSUF MSW FALL 2015

esp.msw

I'm almost positive they'll be sending out more acceptances and interview offers next week or the following. I saw someone's acceptance letter which gave students until 5pm today to accept or decline their offer. If they didn't reply by today they would automatically be put at the end of the waitlist. SO, I think we should be notified soon. I hope. I'm totally just trying to piece everything Lol.

Yeah the "check your status" was geared more towards people with "to do's" or something missing.

Today was informative though and the lady told us that they will send out all their yes acceptance letters first, whoever declines then those leftover spots will go to the maybes and the no's are the last to be informed

Yeah the "check your status" was geared more towards people with "to do's" or something missing.

Today was informative though and the lady told us that they will send out all their yes acceptance letters first, whoever declines then those leftover spots will go to the maybes and the no's are the last to be informed

^^That's nerve wrecking.

I emailed back in February so I emailed again last night. Hopefully he can give me some good news.

Duan Tran said there are two possible reasons for not hearing anything by this point:

First, your name may be on a secondary list, in which case, you may get an email later on in the month inviting you for an interview.  

Second, due to the high volume of applicants, your application was not competitive enough to warrant an interview.  

So in two weeks people will be hearing from CSUF again getting interviews and basically if you haven't heard anything by then....  :( 

Edited by jessiebee6

also, what do you mean by secondary, like alternates?

I think he meant there's a list of people who got admitted and there's a secondary list of people who are basically wait listed and if enough people decline then they get in.

Hopefully it's good news!!

Thanks. It's not good news. He said my app wasn't strong enough for the first round of emails and letters (which I already knew since I haven't heard anything). Depending on how many people accept or decline they will send out a 2nd round of letters/emails and so on. No hint of whether I made it to the maybe list. I'm taking it as a "no". Really sucks because I thought I had a strong application. :(

Thanks. It's not good news. He said my app wasn't strong enough for the first round of emails and letters (which I already knew since I haven't heard anything). Depending on how many people accept or decline they will send out a 2nd round of letters/emails and so on. No hint of whether I made it to the maybe list. I'm taking it as a "no". Really sucks because I thought I had a strong application. :(

at least he responded to your email. He hasn't gotten back to me and I'm so anxious.

I received the following email this morning:

Due to the high volume of applicants this year, at this time, your application has been evaluated and scored. Currently your application was not competitive enough to be considered for the first round of letters and emails requesting for an interview. Letters and emails requesting for interviews are sent out in stages based on applicants scores from highest to lowest. The subsequent rounds of letters and emails requesting for interviews are based on how many students from the first round accepting admission to the program. As a result, this process does take some time.

Nothing new. Hopefully I didn't score too low.

Great idea. I emailed him as well asking for my score. He replied and said he can't tell me but he said he can tell me in which area I need to strengthen my app. So now I'm waiting for him to reply with the feedback.

Ooh I hope he gives me feed back too. I pm you btw.

I was invited for an interview today!!! I was worried because Duan never called or emailed me back! Woohoo! Sending everyone waiting positive vibes! I know the wait sucks!

YAY!!! good luck!!