CSUF MSW FALL 2015

esp.msw

Got an interview from csuf today for next Friday! Greatful for this! If anyone has been to an interview already do you remember some of the questions they asked? I want to do this right.

Woohoo!! Congrats! Let us know how it goes! Did you apply to full time or flex? 

I was invited for an interview today!!! I was worried because Duan never called or emailed me back! Woohoo! Sending everyone waiting positive vibes! I know the wait sucks!

Got an interview from csuf today for next Friday! Greatful for this! If anyone has been to an interview already do you remember some of the questions they asked? I want to do this right.

Good luck tomorrow guys!! If allowed, let us know what type of questions they ask! 

Hey guys!

I just got an interview offer via email today at 3:15pm. The interview date is for May 5th.

However, I will be declining the offer, so I hope this frees up a spot for those of you waiting! I'm pretty set on going to San Diego State  :) 

Good luck everyone!  :rolleyes:

Hey guys!

I just got an interview offer via email today at 3:15pm. The interview date is for May 5th.

However, I will be declining the offer, so I hope this frees up a spot for those of you waiting! I'm pretty set on going to San Diego State :)

Good luck everyone! :rolleyes:

Woo! More for us waiting! Congrats on your acceptances! San Diego sounds amazing!

Woo! More for us waiting! Congrats on your acceptances! San Diego sounds amazing!

Exactly haha, I sent them my reply this morning and they confirmed with "Thank you for letting us know, best of luck". So there you go my friends!! I hope one of you on here gets the spot! *fingers crossed*

Thank you SaidypooMSW  :)  I'm so stoked! I'll be checking back to congratulate the rest of you, CSUF really made us suffer with their waiting game  :blink:

I think I tanked my interview, but that's okay. I tried :)

It was a very casual interview and Tuan makes you feel very relaxed. Asked why you want to be a social worker, why you chose the concentration that you did, what are some pros and cons about yourself in relation to the social work field, what one area of social work do you think will be the hardest for you, and how do you plan to succeed in the rigorous msw program.

Still waiting on csusb, but right now it's looking like csula and I'm greatful for that :)

Good luck all! Look forward to meeting you in the near future within our professions!

Had my interview yesterday. I prepared a lot before going. He asked basic questions and 10 minutes into the interview, he asked what I did to prepare for the interview. After I answered that HE ACCEPTED ME ON THE SPOT!!!! My biggest piece of advice: go in there knowing yourself, know the language of social work, and show your passion. Wishing everyone the best! Don't give up!

Had my interview yesterday. I prepared a lot before going. He asked basic questions and 10 minutes into the interview, he asked what I did to prepare for the interview. After I answered that HE ACCEPTED ME ON THE SPOT!!!! My biggest piece of advice: go in there knowing yourself, know the language of social work, and show your passion. Wishing everyone the best! Don't give up!

Ahhh CONGRATS!!! that's awesome! Thank you for sharing! Are you found part time or full time?

I wonder how many spots are left now..

I think I tanked my interview, but that's okay. I tried :)

It was a very casual interview and Tuan makes you feel very relaxed. Asked why you want to be a social worker, why you chose the concentration that you did, what are some pros and cons about yourself in relation to the social work field, what one area of social work do you think will be the hardest for you, and how do you plan to succeed in the rigorous msw program.

Still waiting on csusb, but right now it's looking like csula and I'm greatful for that :)

Good luck all! Look forward to meeting you in the near future within our professions!

No worries. You did your best and I heard CSULA had a great program! Thanks for the info about the interview, although in the info session I thought they said interviews we're held by the faculty Edited by socialwork2015

Congrats!!! And thanks for the pointers for the interview. It'll come in handy if we ever get to that point!

FYI for those who have been accepted and submitted a deposit: I've been waiting for a financial aid award thinking that it would be given by April as stated on the financial aid site. I ended up calling financial aid yesterday and they informed me graduate students will not see a financial aid award until summer. Just in case anyone else was wondering like me.

Hi! I am new to this, but am so excited to have read through everyone's posts! I have my interview next Wednesday and am super grateful/excited/nervous! If you don't mind, can you share a little bit about what you did to prepare? I'm not really sure how to prepare because I know why I want to be a social worker and things like that. But any other advice would be awesome! And congrats to you for your acceptance!!

Thank you :)

Hi! I am new to this, but am so excited to have read through everyone's posts! I have my interview next Wednesday and am super grateful/excited/nervous! If you don't mind, can you share a little bit about what you did to prepare? I'm not really sure how to prepare because I know why I want to be a social worker and things like that. But any other advice would be awesome! And congrats to you for your acceptance!!

Thank you :)

Thanks Saidee! Flex program!

Sure! I researched possible questions/scenarios, studied my statements of intent, compiled key points into bullet form, sought knowlegable friends already in the field and set up mock interviews with them where I practiced answering questions and put my thoughts more together, as well as got feedback. Also lots of self care: meditation, and asking for hugs when I doubted myself. You got this! U have to believe in your purpose. Good luck!

Thanks Saidee! Flex program!

Sure! I researched possible questions/scenarios, studied my statements of intent, compiled key points into bullet form, sought knowlegable friends already in the field and set up mock interviews with them where I practiced answering questions and put my thoughts more together, as well as got feedback. Also lots of self care: meditation, and asking for hugs when I doubted myself. You got this! U have to believe in your purpose. Good luck!

Hi Tonk143,

Thank you so much for your wonderful advice!!! I was accepted into the program that day too! Although, I am doing full time, but maybe I'll see you in the future :)

Thanks for the congrats yall!  For those still waiting, regardless what happens keep going after graduate school! It took me 2 years and 2 rejections to get in and I can relate to feeling frustrated.  Dont give up, and I wish everyone the best in all their academic and professional endeavors! 

Hello everyone,

Here has been my experience with the CSUF application process. I applied in mid December. Did not get a email for a interview until April 15. I finally had my interview May 5 with Professor Duan Tran. He is a younger professor and takes a bit of the pressure off you. He asked basic questions. 1. Why social work? 2. Why this concentration? 3. What will be the hardest field for you to work in? 4. Where do you see your self in 5 years? 5. And lastly,how did you prepare for this interview?. The interview last about 20 mins. I told him I could not wait any longer to know. My anxiety is about ready to give me a heart attack. So out of the kindness of his heart he 'unofficially' told me I was accepted. My stomach bought dropped to the floor. I have until May 27 to pay my $250 fee and sub my letter of intent. At this time I do plan on accepting; however, I still am waiting to hete back from CSULB. Wishing everyone the best of luck!