Good distractions

So while we wait and check our mail, and then our email, twenty times a day what are some good distractions? What is everyone doing to kill time while we wait? I'm turning into a gym rat as a way to productively kill time. I also saw McFarland--being that I'm from California and all. If you want a good, feel -good movie, I'd definitely recommend it.

Luckily work keeps me busy but in the evenings I've been sorting through my belongings like clothes, textbooks, notes, etc and trying to get rid of stuff. I've accumulated a bunch in the last six years away from home so in case I make a big move this summer to a new school/location I'm consolidating a bit and donating clothes, selling some formal dresses and iPods, scrapbooking some notes and letters from friends. Learning to budget and use coupons so I can save a little money. So glad I'm done with all the fees of applications; January was a sad month for my bank account!

Nothing too exciting but it's quite nice to organize my belongings. 

I'm also trying to workout and try to find new hobbies! I picked up playing tennis and I'm looking for fun things to do. For example, me and my boyfriend want to go snowboarding this weekend! Never been so that should be fun and should distract my crazy mind from gradschool!

I have been rock climbing two to three times a week. It is a great way to keep my mind off of things and also have tons of fun and get a good workout with all those wonderful wonderful endorphins! :) I am definitely guilty of checking my email a million times a day. Only a slight over exaggeration haha.

Academics are taking up my free time lol. But I also have been:

Hanging out with friends, cherishing our last moments in the same town.

Watching Seinfeld.

Running.

Going to the gym, or more like trying to see what those machines do.

Working on music.

And of course, checking my email every 10 minutes.