Fulbright 2016 - 2017

MastersHoping

9 minutes ago, Wanderer212 said:

To those of you who've already been accepted as a finalist/alternate or rejected: what email did the notification come from? Thanks!

From IIE

14 minutes ago, Wanderer212 said:

To those of you who've already been accepted as a finalist/alternate or rejected: what email did the notification come from? Thanks!

Mine came from the Fulbright Student Program (IIE).  The subject said Fulbright Application Notification.  It didn't have a P, A, or NS in the subject line as people from previous years mention.  Luckily the first sentence said congratulations, so I knew immediately it was good news.  

6 minutes ago, Soprano714 said:

Mine came from the Fulbright Student Program (IIE).  The subject said Fulbright Application Notification.  It didn't have a P, A, or NS in the subject line as people from previous years mention.  Luckily the first sentence said congratulations, so I knew immediately it was good news.  

And, again, congratulations!

23 minutes ago, Soprano714 said:

30 minutes ago, NikkiC said:

From IIE

Interesting. Nikki, did your email subject line give any indication of your status (e.g., P, A, or NS; P in your case), or did you have to open the email to learn your fate?

As always, congrats and condolences to everyone

7 minutes ago, sat0ri said:

Interesting. Nikki, did your email subject line give any indication of your status (e.g., P, A, or NS; P in your case), or did you have to open the email to learn your fate?

As always, congrats and condolences to everyone

@sat0ri Nope, the subject line was "Fulbright Application Notification," so I had to open the email, and just like @Soprano714 said, the first line was "Congratulations" following instructions on what I needed to do next. 

Didi you apply for Germany in this round? 

8 minutes ago, NikkiC said:

@sat0ri Nope, the subject line was "Fulbright Application Notification," so I had to open the email, and just like @Soprano714 said, the first line was "Congratulations" following instructions on what I needed to do next. 

Oh ok thanks, I was expecting P/A/NS to be in the subject line so that would have totally freaked me out if there was nothing there.

I applied for the UK open award and I applied to a few schools in the UK hoping to get internal funding if not the Fulbright. However, I have also interviewed with an awesome professor at LMU (Munich) who is willing to support a DAAD application for a 6 month research grant, so Germany is not totally out for me. Fulbright and the respective host institution, however, is by a large margin my top choice. 

Edited by sat0ri

6 minutes ago, sairam94 said:

Me too!!!!!! I thought I wouldn't get it so I'm in shock right now!!!! I've never been to Spain!!!!

9 minutes ago, LifeLearner said:

Spain found out!! I'm a Spain ETA finalist!! Day MADE! :) hopefully the rest of the Spain ETA crew on here has good news too! 

Me too! Felicidades!

1 hour ago, NikkiC said:

Fulbright Italy finalist (research) here. Mine had P in the email subject. 

28 minutes ago, LifeLearner said:

Spain found out!! I'm a Spain ETA finalist!! Day MADE! :) hopefully the rest of the Spain ETA crew on here has good news too! 

16 minutes ago, geocat said:

Me too! Felicidades!

Do you guys know when we would get more info on departure dates and how to buy tickets, award info, etc? Also we need to get a visa right? How does that work?

30 minutes ago, geocat said:

Me too! Felicidades!

38 minutes ago, sairam94 said:

Me too!!!!!! I thought I wouldn't get it so I'm in shock right now!!!! I've never been to Spain!!!!

41 minutes ago, LifeLearner said:

30 minutes ago, geocat said:

Me too! Felicidades!

Also a finalist!!!!! I honestly haven't stopped shaking since I saw the email

5 minutes ago, SoundandVision said:

Well 3/18 was a big day last time. Here's to hoping that those of us who don't hear today, hear tomorrow!

Well, as per usual I'm out of positive reputation points for the day, but hear hear!

14 minutes ago, kat_2411 said:

So many places that are much later this year than last -- waiting to hear from Indonesia!

Same!! Did you apply to the ETA or research? 

1 minute ago, sesebella said:

Same!! Did you apply to the ETA or research? 

Research - did you apply to the ETA program? I was actually an ETA in Indonesia immediately after undergrad, it was a fantastic experience!

6 minutes ago, kat_2411 said:

Research - did you apply to the ETA program? I was actually an ETA in Indonesia immediately after undergrad, it was a fantastic experience!

Yes! I'm graduating in May and applied for the ETA program. Waiting to hear back. This year's notification is later than previous years unfortunately. 

8 minutes ago, sesebella said:

Yes! I'm graduating in May and applied for the ETA program. Waiting to hear back. This year's notification is later than previous years unfortunately. 

I sent you a PM! Any chance you're at OU? :D I'm also an Ohioan!

Edited by kat_2411

55 minutes ago, NeneGalle_ said:

Ughhh! UK come on !!

lol that's exactly how I'm feeling!  I just want to know! 

Congrats though to everyone who has received good news and the best of luck to those who have not. 

Edited by Dilemma1
Added line.