APRIL 15TH PARTY THREAD (2015 edition)

I know nerves are probably very high for some today so for those of you boring a hole into your inbox with your laser eye beams, come in and blow off some steam! Get a back rub! Have a mojito! We're all cheering for you in here.

For those who have made their decisions, whatever they may be, come in and celebrate, commiserate, or simply reclinate (I know that's not a word)! Whatever, let Jim Carrey kiss you on stage!

ihr2ZRA.gif

I should add: no matter what we all end up doing, we're all move on from this point. 

Forward, not backward; upward, not forward; and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!

tumblr_lcbb9h3qkS1qdoghio1_250.gif

Edited by 1Q84

I sent a crazy paranoid email to the DGS about whether all my paperwork was in (with the graduate school, for a schoolwide fellowship). That's how to celebrate April 15th, right??????

YES. I'm told I was officially admitted but haven't received registration info yet. I'm currently staring blissfully at course offerings!

I'm looking over reading lists for next semester and plotting ways to avoid buying more books. Mojitos sound good, though! 

Happy April 15th! 

Ohhhh... Amazon used book buying is my guilty pleasure!

I'm celebrating by writing number my 25th article of the week for a lawyer who specializes in getting DUI cases thrown out of court on technicalities! YAY!

Sometimes freelancing is great...sometimes not so much. I am just so happy that I won't have to support myself with this for the next 6 or 7 years. I raise my glass to idealizing the future.

Congratulations to everyone who has made tough decisions, waited forever for waitlists to convert, and counted on this forum to be straight with them while their families thought it was odd they were applying to fifteen schools, because they are obviously going to get in everywhere.

My U of Toronto sweatshirt arrived in the mail today!

*More party music ensues*

Yes, I was so excited to have made my decision that I may have ordered one. And it is gorgeous! :D

I had a lot of family/family friends invested in my decision because of my parents talking up their kids (my sister is deciding between law schools at the moment), so I ordered a Michigan sweatshirt and posted myself wearing the sweatshirt on social media, to alert everyone of the decision. No violating family politics about who to tell first, no leaving anyone out. And an excuse to buy school spirit stuff. ;)

I had a lot of family/family friends invested in my decision because of my parents talking up their kids (my sister is deciding between law schools at the moment), so I ordered a Michigan sweatshirt and posted myself wearing the sweatshirt on social media, to alert everyone of the decision. No violating family politics about who to tell first, no leaving anyone out. And an excuse to buy school spirit stuff. ;)

I did the same! As a Chicago native, I was in need of a lighter jacket because the nasty winter had finally receded, but all I had were thick coats. Functional school spirit is a thing, as it turns out.

Contrats to everyone who has been accepted! I just wanted to stop in and find out if anyone has heard any news about BGSU Rhetoric and Writing program? It's past April 15th and I have not received any word. I only saw one acceptance on the results search. Seems kind of late in the game. Can I assume I'm waitlisted or out? 

After these past two months juggling waitlists, I unfortunately was not admitted to any program that I could afford attending. I'm going to take a year off and pursue other passions and apply again next year. Congratulations to all of you with dazzling acceptances! It was great interacting with you and sharing in our crazy application times. To those of you staying on for next year as well, see you on this board in a couple of months!

After these past two months juggling waitlists, I unfortunately was not admitted to any program that I could afford attending. I'm going to take a year off and pursue other passions and apply again next year. Congratulations to all of you with dazzling acceptances! It was great interacting with you and sharing in our crazy application times. To those of you staying on for next year as well, see you on this board in a couple of months!

So sorry to hear, Dog, when you were so close! Big hugs...and best of luck in the next cycle.

Sorry to hear that Dog! It must have been hard when you were so close! Here's hoping for a great year for you and positive vibes for the next season!

Edited by Katla

So sorry to hear this Dog. It was great interacting with you too, and all luck and success for the next application cycle!

I must have missed your original post, HelloThisIsDog. I'm so sorry your application season didn't go well. Good luck on next year's cycle! 

Edited by empress-marmot