Masdar Institute Fall 2015 Anyone got final official offer ?

popo111

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I meant VISA rejection. Even though we have been accepted by Masdar, it is still possible we are rejected by UAE Immigration for obtaining the residence VISA.

If you try googling about VISA for UAE, there have been many cases where the VISA is delayed or being rejected, mainly because of "security check" which is done by UAE gov (police department, I guess).

It remains a mystery how this "security check" works :unsure:

I meant VISA rejection. Even though we have been accepted by Masdar, it is still possible we are rejected by UAE Immigration for obtaining the residence VISA.

If you try googling about VISA for UAE, there have been many cases where the VISA is delayed or being rejected, mainly because of "security check" which is done by UAE gov (police department, I guess).

It remains a mystery how this "security check"

Man we are engineers....I don't think anyone of us has ever broke a law or did anything wrong! at least I know I never did, so what about this "security check"...I have been sending them emails a lot and the response is always the same: "Dear Abdelrahman, kindly note that your Visa is under issuance and we will contact you upon any updates accordingly"

I am going to stop sending them emails for a while so, please guys give it a shot and email them and let us know!

Also FYI, I know a Masdar graduate who told me the Visa may arrive late, and that they give you up to "one week" after the start of the semester to arrive their... this year the semester starts next Sunday  30/8.

Hello guys....Today I called SAO asking about the visa...they told me it is still under issuance and the reason of the delay is unknown...they told me that not only me having this problem and there are number of students with the same issue...Also they told me it is okay to arrive late because of this delay is out of our hands.

The lady on the phone told me it is ok and to just wait for the Visa...it sounded like it is something pretty common, and there are other students too in the same situation.... She did not give an exact time for late arrival but she told me it is ok to arrive late that is all.

Hey, any news? I am also one of those students waiting for his Visa. I am sure it will solve itself in the upcoming week. It has happend before indeed from what others have told me. Surely they will accept us, it is out of our hands... The only annoying thing, is the lectures you miss out on, it means its tougher to get a good start... Keep us posted! Looking forward to meet you too!

Hey man nice to meet you! there are other students too in the same situation...As I stated earlier I called SAO last Thursday and they told to just wait...I hope the situation gets resolved soon enough, as the problem is not only the lectures you miss... it is also choosing your supervisor

My feeling says no longer then a week before it arrives, but that feeling is not scientifically supported... :). I have sent the vaccination documents the 17th of August, you? I have considered to buy a return ticket and try to start with a tourist visa, and gradually transform it when the student visa is ready. But you can't get a refund on that ticket and it may cause more logistical issues to getting the right visa, not recommended at the moment. choosing your supervisor is important, but surely this is one of those things that resolves itself in time... In the beginning it is mainly following courses I think. Keep us posted ^^

Edited by Dutch student

I sent all my vaccination records (except Mumps) at the end of July.....for the Mumps I had to do a blood test because I had no records and it took so long...I sent it alone on 18 August....So I guess the common thing between us is the late records?! may be it is the reason why the Visa is delayed!

quite an adventure to get in, once you get in... it is still as if it is a journey by itself to actually get there...  imagine once we are there... it will be survival of the fittest lol well, glad to hear we are in simular positions. you guys read the news today? some big losses... too bad, lets hope the country stays in good shape. What kind of physics will your PhD research focus on?, do you have an idea on which level 600 courses you will take? I guess once we are there, it's about quick thinking, in the masters we have 4 core courses, 4 electives. I will focus on solar orientated courses, maybe do a 600 level one, but too bad of the late start... makes things a bit more complicated, but nothing we can do... I think every semester they check your GPA, needs to be above 3 to stay out of trouble, lets help eachother out if needed. How old are you guys? I am 30, this will be sort of a second masters, also in chemistry, different from what I have done obviously. I heared the same when it comes to master students and arriving late, at least 2 weeks is ok I think, after 1st lectures, so lets hope we get it this week, and fly Saturday.