UCLA MSW Fall 2016 Applicant

Jen B

@MrsKozee I'm high-fiving you through the screen!  Amazing experience and congrats on your well-deserved admittance to UCLA!  It's really encouraging to see people of all ages with all different personal and professional backgrounds here on GradCafe getting offers to great schools!

I'm not sure yet!  To get in to UCLA would be AMAZING. We'll see what happens. I'm looking into medical social work, especially with young adult cancer survivors, and they are the home of Simms-Mann. I'm dying to hear back from everyone so I can figure out what I am doing. I live within easy driving distance of UCLA, so I wouldn't have to move or do anything but quit my job and drive in a different direction on the 405. 

5 hours ago, van2312 said:

I have a question. Has anyone got a conformation about their application being complete? 

I received an email upon application submission. You can log into the application portal to see whether your app is completed.

Still no news on my end, either. I had a nice streak of admissions news, and now it's been very quiet in my inbox for the past week!

Edited by RCtheSS

I also applied for ucla and usc...the wait is killing me 

has anyone else got acceptance/rejection letter from ucla?

i contacted Tiffany and she said admissions decisions are getting sent out in batches currently...so hopefully we hear back soon?!

Nope nothing... Don't think the next batch is coming out until like a couple days 

did anyone apply who's still enrolled in school like as a senior ? 

Im a senior at Ucsb and always felt like my chances are a lot slimmer because they want individuals  who have taken years off to gain experience 

I called them and they said that too!

but I digged deeper and contacted the admission dean and he said that that's what they usually say becaus they get so many callers but he said that once everything is in (transcripts etc) they begin right away and let you know 

6 hours ago, Msw_22 said:

I called them and they said that too!

but I digged deeper and contacted the admission dean and he said that that's what they usually say becaus they get so many callers but he said that once everything is in (transcripts etc) they begin right away and let you know 

What number did you call? I submitted my application in Dec. and just want to make sure all my stuff is complete. Did Lance Fooks change his number by the way> 

15 hours ago, RCtheSS said:

I received an email upon application submission. You can log into the application portal to see whether your app is completed.

Still no news on my end, either. I had a nice streak of admissions news, and now it's been very quiet in my inbox for the past week!

Thank You! Have you tried calling? No one picks up. My friend whom I attend the same school with got admitted on Friday, and I am overwhelmed at this point. 

I don't plan on calling their office. It seems apparent that they're slowly notifying applicants and I don't think a phone call will speed up their internal process at all. They're obviously busy dealing with all of this. 

14 minutes ago, van2312 said:

What number did you call? I submitted my application in Dec. and just want to make sure all my stuff is complete. Did Lance Fooks change his number by the way> 

@van2312, that post was about USC.... 

Btw, Lance has retired from UCLA.

@van2312 that was usc admissions I was talking about that I called.

dont think lance works there anymore

its now this lady named Tiffany and she responds to emails really fast too they usually never answer the phone 

Yes, I met with Lance in October 2015 on a campus visit, and he told me then that he was retiring. 

I know the wait really, really sucks, but there is still plenty of time to receive some news.