2016 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Infinito

11 minutes ago, pot8o said:

Just got an email over the weekend for my first interview invite from UCLA MBIP! Needless to say I'm stoked! Hope my luck holds for Penn CAMB and UCSF Tetrad this upcoming week. 

Congratulations!

3 hours ago, piglet33 said:

Omarou498, I am an international student and have been offered an interview for one of my programmes so I assume they come out at the same time as other offers for domestic students. Of course this is circumstantial based on my own experiences, but a quick browse of the results board shows similarly. I would therefore hazard a guess that all applicants who are invited to interview are notified in a similar timeframe irrespective of nationality.

Hey piglet33. Thanks for replying so quickly, I appreciate it. Just a quick follow up to make sure we're on the same page; are the programmes you applied to PhD programs in the States?

15 minutes ago, bicsy said:

One of my prospective schools just called me and I missed their call BUT THEY DIDN'T LEAVE A MSSG NOOOOO

Exciting!  What school?

14 minutes ago, jayelko said:

Interview invite from OSU's neuroscience grad program! SO early too, January 5th-8th.

Wow.  Congrats!

4 hours ago, Omarou498 said:

Hey guys. On a somewhat related note to interviews and admissions, I was wondering if anyone knew about differences in the time at which interview and admission offers are sent to international students. Are they processed separately after domestic applicants i.e. March/April or do some schools start sending out offers in late December/Mid-January? And congratulations to everyone who get replies from their universities.

I am also an international student. Among the schools I have applied to, I have received an interview invite from Boston university PiBS PhD program. The deadline was 2nd December  and I got the invite on 4th. So I guess international invites are sent out around the same time as the domestic ones.

18 minutes ago, shovonreza said:

I am also an international student. Among the schools I have applied to, I have received an interview invite from Boston university PiBS PhD program. The deadline was 2nd December  and I got the invite on 4th. So I guess international invites are sent out around the same time as the domestic ones.

Thank you and Congrats!

11 minutes ago, bicsy said:

@biosci, U-Michigan PIBS!

I hope they call back and/or send a followup email soon so I know what's up haha. Like what if they called for something mundane and I'm getting my hopes up for nothing..

7 minutes ago, Gram Positive said:

Me three :)

Which tracks did you guys choose?

1 minute ago, bicsy said:

AHHH MICHIGAN CALLED BACK AND I GOT AN INTERVIEW!!! 

The caller did say that they haven't had their big official review meeting yet but they are beginning to give invites to a few applicants.

@biosci MCDB :)  what about you?

Wow.  That's impressive!  Human Genetics

2 minutes ago, bicsy said:

AHHH MICHIGAN CALLED BACK AND I GOT AN INTERVIEW!!! 

The caller did say that they haven't had their big official review meeting yet but they are beginning to give invites to a few applicants.

@biosci MCDB :)  what about you?

Congrats!!! Hope I hear back soon. Hopefully Micro/Immuno have met as well ;)

Edited by Gram Positive

4 minutes ago, Caffeine Junky said:

BUT WHERE ARE UPENN CAMB AND VANDERBILT'S NEXT WAVE OF INVITES (i need to stop refreshing this page it's getting bad for my blood pressure)

Well, this won't help your blood pressure, but on CAMB's website it says there's an admissions meeting at noon today (meaning... right now). So, they're coming but probably not within the next hour or two, lol.

OMG JUST got a call from NEW HAVEN, CT ---> INTERVIEW INVITE FROM YALE BBS :lol::lol::lol: @biosci this is INCREDIBLE!!! You replied and exactly 2 minutes later I get the call. 

I'm soooo happpy, so relieved!! Thank you so much god!! 

Edited by Microburritology