2016 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Infinito

4 minutes ago, Farafeelo said:

Thank you :) i have not heard of any of the other DMS programs sending out invites yet. So don't worry :) I think BBS will send out invites next week 

I didn't apply to BBS... I applied to the immunology program.  So that's why I'm mildly concerned.

Df6Kt.jpg

3 minutes ago, biochemgirl67 said:

I didn't apply to BBS... I applied to the immunology program.  So that's why I'm mildly concerned.

Df6Kt.jpg

lol don't be ... its still early .. i would be concerned if you don't hear by the end of next week :) 

25 minutes ago, biochemgirl67 said:

Df6Kt.jpg

I know at least some DMS programs have not yet sent out invites... so like @Farafeelo said, I wouldn't start worrying until next Monday.

1 hour ago, immuno91 said:

I'm not sure about PiN specifically, but I know Harvard Virology (which is DMS) called people on Friday to extend interview invites and said an email was forthcoming. So it's not entirely inconceivable that other smaller (non BBS) DMS programs are sending out some invites. But I can't comment on the validity of the PiN claim.

Someone was saying a few days ago that they know someone on the PiN adcom and that the committee hadn't even met yet when the invite to PiN was posted

2 hours ago, gyrase said:

Also got Gerstner Sloan Kettering today if anyone else applied there! So happy to see the rolling waves coming in - good luck and good work to everyone! We should all take a moment to pat ourselves on the back haha ^_^

Oh no that's my top choice and I haven't heard back :( I'm an international student..did you get an email or a phone call?

43 minutes ago, kokobanana said:

I know at least some DMS programs have not yet sent out invites... so like @Farafeelo said, I wouldn't start worrying until next Monday.

1 hour ago, Farafeelo said:

lol don't be ... its still early .. i would be concerned if you don't hear by the end of next week :) 

Lol I'm just distracting myself before Christmas.  It's partially working, so I'm only internally screaming for like 15 minutes a day.  :P

11 hours ago, ms.cdc said:

I received my first interview invite for Yale BBS-Micro!

I'm a little worried because I have applied for UPenn's CAMB program, but it was for the Molecular virology portion. I know other people have received invites but they had different interest areas, I hope that is why I haven't heard back.

11 hours ago, mrpoopybutthole said:

Congrats on Yale! Wow that gives me hope that Penn isn't done sending out invites yet if you haven't gotten one. My interest area was Gene Therapy and Vaccines so hopefully that's why as well.

12 hours ago, adiJ said:

Also, would anyone know what are the dates for the interviews for Penn CAMB? It's one of my top choices as well, so I'm really regretting accepting the interviews so early.

So, on the CAMB website, some of the subgroups list the faculty on their  respective admissions comittee, implying that each group might send out invitations separately. (Note: Totally speculative)

At any rate, judging from the results page, in previous years interview invites have been reported through January. So no need to worry yet!

Edited by ruckaround
clarity

10 hours ago, aichan93 said:

Oh no that's my top choice and I haven't heard back :( I'm an international student..did you get an email or a phone call?

Hi! I got an email and had to log into my GSK account to confirm. Maybe you can check there just in case :) and also your spam inbox!! Good luck!! <3 

No email..nothing in spam..my GSK account just shows complete. Maybe they are still sending stuff out..Was hoping to get an interview - Mt Sinai and GSK are my top choices and they are interviewing close to each other, so it would be nice to check out both in 1 trip

12 hours ago, biosci said:

Yay!  Me too!  Jan 12?

Oops I didn't see this post until now. Sorry for the double posting. Yes! :D I just confirmed! Although they said travel information would be attached to the email and I didn't get any attachments... Time to inquire :P 

Just now, aichan93 said:

No email..nothing in spam..my GSK account just shows complete. Maybe they are still sending stuff out..Was hoping to get an interview - Mt Sinai and GSK are my top choices and they are interviewing close to each other, so it would be nice to check out both in 1 trip

I still haven't figured out how to combine quotes (n00b) so I'm posting again... Good luck! I wouldn't be surprised if they send them out in waves. Don't worry :) It's still really early in the process. I don't know when Mt Sinai is interviewing but if it helps with planning, I believe GSK's only interviews are Jan 12-14 : )

1 minute ago, gyrase said:

Oops I didn't see this post until now. Sorry for the double posting. Yes! :D I just confirmed! Although they said travel information would be attached to the email and I didn't get any attachments... Time to inquire :P 

:)  I didn't get the attachment either

Mt Sinai  is 7-8 jan, which I picked, so I'm hoping the other of my top choice would grant me an interview to. GSK and Mt Sinai are my top choices. 

Historically they send it out over 2 days..will let you know if you got rejected or invite for an interview..what i derived from digging in to the results database

Edited by aichan93

Jealous of all you guys who got interview invites from UPenn CAMB already <_< The deadline for applications to the UPenn Biology graduate program was yesterday, god knows when will they even start to review the applications and send out the invites :blink::blink:

2 minutes ago, apple93 said:

I MISSED SEVERAL CALLS FROM YALE :((((( what do I do? 

Take a breath, call them back.  Apologize appropriately by saying you didn't have access to your phone and you are sorry for missing their calls.  (FYI that's ALL you say... don't blubber.)  Then say that you are excited to hear about their interest in your application and want to know what the next step forward is.

Congratulations!

6 minutes ago, biochemgirl67 said:

Take a breath, call them back.  Apologize appropriately by saying you didn't have access to your phone and you are sorry for missing their calls.  (FYI that's ALL you say... don't blubber.)  Then say that you are excited to hear about their interest in your application and want to know what the next step forward is.

Congratulations!

Thank you!! I tried calling back but there was no answer :( will they call again/send me an email?

12 minutes ago, apple93 said:

Thank you!! I tried calling back but there was no answer :( will they call again/send me an email?

I'm sure they will.  It's not like they wouldn't want you anymore because you couldn't get to the phone!  But don't be surprised if they don't email you right away.  I don't think any of us have gotten the official email yet after our calls.  Congratulations!  Which track did you apply to?

They're actually taking time to send out the emails, and it would be a slow death for you to wait till then. I'd honestly say keep calling them back till they pick up? Like you know, in 30 mins intervals maybe?

13 minutes ago, apple93 said:

8 minutes ago, biosci said:

I'm sure they will.  It's not like they wouldn't want you anymore because you couldn't get to the phone!  But don't be surprised if they don't email you right away.  I don't think any of us have gotten the official email yet after our calls.  Congratulations!  Which track did you apply to?

Thank you! That's good to know -- I was slightly panicking... I applied to BBS (MMPP)

9 minutes ago, Microburritology said:

They're actually taking time to send out the emails, and it would be a slow death for you to wait till then. I'd honestly say keep calling them back till they pick up? Like you know, in 30 mins intervals maybe?

Ok I will call them again. Does it not look bad if I keep calling though?