2016 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Infinito

1 hour ago, bicsy said:

Wow that's weird, but congratulations! 

Edit to prevent spam: I just saw that someone posted on the results page about an invite to UCSD "Biological and Biomedical Sciences (BBS)".. is this a troll or typo or is there actually a BBS at UCSD?

I think they just probably got confused. UCSD offers two separate programs: a Biomedical Sciences (BMS) program as well as a Biological Sciences program. 

1 minute ago, Ferroportin said:

Also this 'waiting for interview phone calls' process has made me immensely more annoyed at telemarketers and phone surveys....

Don't forget the junk e-mails....

Edited by biosci

2 hours ago, SpartanNerd1021 said:

Thanks for the responses guys! I will just keep refreshing my email. Thankfully, I am going to see the new Star Wars movie tomorrow night, so it'll occupy my mind for a while :) 

Also, not sure if anyone here is applying to the Penn Neuroscience program, but I think they also send out invites in waves. My PI is on the adcom for neuro and she is still reviewing apps!

Ahhhh I applied to Penn Neuro (and really like the program/my POI) and hadn't heard anything yet, so thank you so much for this!! I wasn't sure if they were going to send out another wave or if this was it. There is hope!!

1 hour ago, SpartanNerd1021 said:

Haha yes, I do bleed green and white! Spent 5 years there for undergrad. All I want for Christmas is a national championship title. Go Green!!

And I assume you're talking about football here, but MSU's basketball team is also scary good this year! I'm a big Maryland basketball fan (go terps!) because that's where I'm from, so I look forward to playing you guys (and Denzel Valentine) once conference play starts :)))

8 minutes ago, bicsy said:

My advice to future applicants: Do not sign up for the GRE Search Service.

Agreed! My heart stops every time I see a @ .edu email, it's so disappointing when it's an invitation to apply to a  school I'm not interested in and not an invitation for an interview!

1 hour ago, jayelko said:

Hey Superres, have you heard anything else about Emory? 

I know the committee met yesterday, but my PI had to miss the meeting....I'm assuming they'll send out invites by the end of the week. I know that some of the other programs call, but but not sure about neuroscience. 

7 minutes ago, molecularbio23 said:

Is it inappropriate to contact your POI about the admissions process? ie when admissions will send interview invites? My POI who I've remained in consistent contact with is on the admissions committee. 

Because it's still relatively early in the process I probably wouldn't bug them about it yet especially if they're on the committee since they're probably pretty busy. Although you're the best judge on your relationship with your POI so if you guys are super chummy then it might be perfectly fine to ask.

3 minutes ago, mrpoopybutthole said:

Because it's still relatively early in the process I probably wouldn't bug them about it yet especially if they're on the committee since they're probably pretty busy. Although you're the best judge on your relationship with your POI so if you guys are super chummy then it might be perfectly fine to ask.

I think I'm just getting way too antsy way too early in the game. Thank you! 

1 hour ago, den-of-thieves said:

And I assume you're talking about football here, but MSU's basketball team is also scary good this year! I'm a big Maryland basketball fan (go terps!) because that's where I'm from, so I look forward to playing you guys (and Denzel Valentine) once conference play starts :)))

2 hours ago, SpartanNerd1021 said:

Haha yes, I do bleed green and white! Spent 5 years there for undergrad. All I want for Christmas is a national championship title. Go Green!!

Go green! I'm finishing up my undergrad here on the banks of the Red Cedar and will miss East Lansing dearly. and @den-of-thieves , will definitely be looking forward to that matchup. It's been a pretty great past few years to be a student here, that's for sure... 

Excited for Dec 31... See ya, Bama :) 

2 hours ago, Effloresce said:

i just went on an unsubscribing spree..

I'm gonna sound like a telemarketer here but http://unroll.me is awesome for helping manage subscription emails... it consolidates all your subscribed emails and cleans them from your inbox automatically :D