2016 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Infinito

For anyone else waiting to hear from University of Washington Immunology, I emailed the department to ask about how they were rolling out invitations and they said that they sent out about a third of their invitations yesterday and anticipated sending out the rest by early next week. Also, that the status of all applications will be made known by the end of December, but I think that's fairly well known.

Edited by RaganSmash
Clarified "UW"

2 hours ago, frozencurry said:

I'm getting a little worried about my Stanford app...I logged in to their online checklist and under transcripts, it still says "Received (not official)", even though I had them sent in early November. Anyone else in the same boat? I'm hoping they just haven't updated transcript status in their online application.

Why do programs even require official transcripts for admissions purposes anyway? They have us upload scanned copies of them...

2 hours ago, mwgskol said:

I submitted in late November and it said "Received(official)". Did you send/mail in an official copy? I thought you only need to send in an official copy when you're accepted, but as long as your application status says "complete" you're probably fine.

To both of you: I had that problem, then it changed, but now it says my GRE is unofficial. 

I contacted Stanford Biosciences a few weeks ago and they it would take them until around Christmas to organize all the files (I assume they give out applications to professors to look over the break and that is why they only announce invites after the New Year). 

They did say that if anything was missing or if anything was still pending (like they only had your unofficial scores but needed the official ones), they would audit each student and e-mail them to let them know what they need.

So don't panic. You're not rejected. They're still getting around to it.

47 minutes ago, parafilm said:

lol. Agreed. I'm assuming rejection from Columbia and Penn CAMB (although it does seem like penn sends a few interviews later on... not holding my breath).

Are you sure Columbia is sending out invites now? I haven't seen anything in the results survey, unless I'm searching wrong.

1 minute ago, AmyShelton said:

Are you sure Columbia is sending out invites now? I haven't seen anything in the results survey, unless I'm searching wrong.

My program has (Pathobiology and Molecular Med, which is under the same umbrella as metabolic biology). A few people got metabolic bio invites, and historically molecular med has sent them before christmas. The integrated program hasn't sent out interviews, as far as I know.

2 minutes ago, pot8o said:

Holy Shitake mushrooms!!!  Interview for Stanford Chemical and Systems Biology!!!!! I can't feel my legs.  

Congratulations! @pot8o

I thought all of the Stanford Biosciences sent it out in January, but I guess it's also by department then.

Can you let us know what interview dates they offered?

Edited by Infinito

Just now, brainsandeggs said:

Wowwee! Thats amazing! Congrats :) Did they phone you? 

Just got an email from one of the Professors handling admissions.  Interview is from March 2-5 incase anyone was wondering.

4 minutes ago, Metbio2016 said:

Stanford Chemical and Systems Biology!!!

Congrats. I'll see you at the interview! :)

Also Congrats to all the Harvard BBS interview recipients!

Edited by pot8o

Hi guys! Does anyone happen to know when University of Minnesota's MICaB program sends out interviews? There are none from this year yet on the results page, and in previous years it seems to have ranged from 12/15-12/21.

Also if I wanted to call to find out something like this, what would I say? Thank you :)

44 minutes ago, RaganSmash said:

For anyone else waiting to hear from University of Washington Immunology, I emailed the department to ask about how they were rolling out invitations and they said that they sent out about a third of their invitations yesterday and anticipated sending out the rest by early next week. Also, that the status of all applications will be made known by the end of December, but I think that's fairly well known.

Thanks for this! It makes my (not very) patient waiting just a tiny bit more bearable.

In other news I got an invitation to my "safety" school, U Iowa. Great research fit, but kind of hundreds of miles from anybody I hold dear.
Hopefully the research and faculty more than make up for the distance from family. 

Edited by Focus
clarification