2016 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Infinito

Did any international student hear from anywhere? I thought interview invites were sent out around the similar timings with those for domestic students, but getting none so far makes me more and more anxious! ugh

Congrats to all those who got invites! 

2 minutes ago, biochemgirl67 said:

Just heard back from UCSF BMS coordinator... All the invites were sent on Wednesday.  Sorry to everyone who didn't get one and congratulations to those who did.

Welp, RIP my hopes. I thought I had amazing fit but I guess the rest of my application was not on par. I'm sure Harvard BBS are finishing up as well. Fingers crossed for BPH though!

10 minutes ago, adiJ said:

Welp, RIP my hopes. I thought I had amazing fit but I guess the rest of my application was not on par. I'm sure Harvard BBS are finishing up as well. Fingers crossed for BPH though!

Yeah I know what you mean.  Now I've only got Stanford and Rockefeller left.  And if I got rejected Harvard and UCSF, how would I stand a chance at either Stanford or Rockefeller?  :wacko:

6 minutes ago, biochemgirl67 said:

Yeah I know what you mean.  Now I've only got Stanford and Rockefeller left.  And if I got rejected Harvard and UCSF, how would I stand a chance at either Stanford or Rockefeller?  :wacko:

You never know!  And even if you don't get either, you still have really great options!

14 minutes ago, biochemgirl67 said:

All 4 programs are comparatively competitive, maybe you are on the top of the "maybe pile" for Harvard and UCSF, but bottom of the "yes" pile for the other two. It's literally one or two people's difference, you never know. Also at least somewhere wants you, so you aren't a definite no haha

Edited by adiJ

I'm wondering if anyone else will hear from MIT neuro. I think 2 ppl on this thread have been contacted by phone. I'm hoping to hear from them too but the longer it goes, the more it seems unlikely.

4 minutes ago, mrpoopybutthole said:

Thanks!

Immunology was my top choice! What about you?

That is awesome!! I applied for MPET and CTS as my second choice. I am seriously hoping those tracks are still coming out today or early next week because I haven't heard anything today. :/ I did hear they are super good about getting back to you early if you didn't get an interview. This is so nerve-wracking!!! Lol!

1 hour ago, adiJ said:

All 4 programs are comparatively competitive, maybe you are on the top of the "maybe pile" for Harvard and UCSF, but bottom of the "yes" pile for the other two. It's literally one or two people's difference, you never know. Also at least somewhere wants you, so you aren't a definite no haha

Lol that makes sense.  I appreciate the support especially after this disgusting day of rejection.  Ho ho ho merry Christmas ^_^

31 minutes ago, biochemgirl67 said:

Lol that makes sense.  I appreciate the support especially after this disgusting day of rejection.  Ho ho ho merry Christmas ^_^

Just remember how happy you were a couple of days ago!  Don't let this take away from that.

2 hours ago, Neurolit said:

I'm wondering if anyone else will hear from MIT neuro. I think 2 ppl on this thread have been contacted by phone. I'm hoping to hear from them too but the longer it goes, the more it seems unlikely.

I wouldn't worry too much that you haven't heard anything. Maybe some PIs reached out to applicants, but if you haven't gotten a phone call, I don't think this means you won't get an interview. They said in their email that they interview invites won't go out until January so there's still hope!

Edited by Micecroscopy
left out a word

35 minutes ago, biosci said:

Just remember how happy you were a couple of days ago!  Don't let this take away from that.

Yeah, it'll get better again.  This does not in any way change how excited I am to go to the three I do have.  

1 hour ago, jordy_protein said:

I'm attending their interview weekend Feb 21-23 for BMCDB! They called me on December 2nd.

Congratulations! It's an amazing program, I work with a couple people in that are currently in it. I applied to BMCDB, and the MCIP program, but haven't heard anything. The MCIP program doesn't close until 1/5/16 so I'm not worried yet but I'm starting to lose hope for BMCDB. 

For those waiting for Harvard BPH, I spoke with the coordinator today. Invitations are likely going out before the holiday (early next week), but potentially won't be out until mid-January. I was also told that the interview is scheduled for February 8-9.

Edited by immuno91

15 minutes ago, immuno91 said:

For those waiting for Harvard BPH, I spoke with the coordinator today. Invitations are likely going out before the holiday (early next week), but potentially won't be out until mid-January. I was also told that the interview is scheduled for February 8-9.

Thank you for the update! 

5 hours ago, laxgoal100 said:

I saw one UCSF Tetrad interview today... did anyone get this??

2 hours ago, jordy_protein said:

Just wanted to second this.. Anyone have any idea?

I got a short email about an hour ago saying I got an interview for UCSF Tetrad for February 25th, but more details would come in January. I'm not sure if they are running behind or what, the email came at 7pm PT and they spelled my name wrong...but I'll take it! I wouldn't worry too much if you haven't heard yet!