MPH FALL 2016 !!! Applications and choices of Universities

doc_911

On Wednesday, March 09, 2016 at 9:34 AM, mph applicant said:

hello friends can we please share our educational and experience background? so we can find our position in this process.

for me:-

academic and experience  background:- graduation in ayurveda health science(bams) with first class. GPA 3.4 

studied subject of preventive medicine, yoga and nature care with first class.

on year internship in college hospital.

two years experience in preventive medicine, yoga and nature care in private domain.

three years experience as health officer in primary health centre in government sector.

conducted many health awareness camps, yoga sessions in phc population as well supervision  and provide guidance in all national health programmes.

i have got some trainings and attended many workshops  related to health fields from health department of india.

i hope others also share their details in this forum.

hello friends can we please share our educational and experience background? so we can find our position in this process.

academic and experience  background:- graduation in ayurveda health science(bams) with first class. GPA 3.4 

two years experience in preventive medicine, yoga and nature care in private domain.

three years experience as health officer in primary health centre in government sector.

conducted many health awareness camps, yoga sessions in phc population as well supervision  and provide guidance in all national health programmes.

i have got some trainings and attended many workshops  related to health fields from health department of india.

Hello sir, I am a bams graduate from India. I want to ask how did you calculate your gpa score for bams degree..?

7 hours ago, drshivamsgupta said:

Hello sir, I am a bams graduate from India. I want to ask how did you calculate your gpa score for bams degree..?

hi shivams

i calculated just it online like

marks vs gpa.  i am not so sure about gpa but its give rendom idea.

what about you in which university did you applied for mph?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all!

I was hoping if individuals could help provide insight on a dilemma I'm grappling with. 

I got accepted to both the UBC MPH and U of T MPH (Health Promotion) programs. I am very interested in health equity, and community development - and emphasized that in both of my LOI's. I also have a strong qualitative background. In the course of my MPH, I am hoping to get a stronger foundation in quantitative methodologies, but also continue to develop my interests as I indicated. 

The primary factor I'm weighing is how positively each program will influence and support career aspirations - so if that's a function of location, networking opportunities, practicum quality, general reputation, etc - I'd love to hear from other applicants and current/past students on this! 

Hey @mphzz

From what I've heard, and considering what you say your interests are, I think UBC's MPH might be better suited for you -- especially in terms of influencing and supporting your career aspirations overall. It also has a stronger focus on quantitative methodologies compared to UofT's Health Promotion MPH. But then again, you have see whether or not you're willing to go to BC to attend that program, as opposed to staying in Ontario. 

Whatever you end up choosing, I wish you best of luck! I'm sure you'll achieve great things either way.