MPH FALL 2016 !!! Applications and choices of Universities

doc_911

Hi!! 

I am an international student wanting to get into SFU or any other good university for MPH. anybody applying for FALL 2016 please let me know what all uni u are applying to and why?

• 3 months later...

hi 

I am planning to apply to canada for either mph or mha. What are your stats? 

Mine are, GRE 316 , gpa evaluation not competed yet and I have  5 years of experience in clinical dentistry and 2 years volunteery work.

Hey guys, new to the forum. I'm from Mexico and I'm applying to a few MPH programs scattered throughout the world. I noticed most, if not all, of you guys are applying to grad schools in Canada, so I'll stay in topic. One of my applications is going to be for U of T for their MPH (Health Promotion) program. I'm really nervous, but so excited! It's actually my first choice, but I also know it's very competitive, so I won't get my hopes up.

Anyone else applying over there?

I don't need GRE scores to apply, so I didn't even bother.

Hey guys..I m planning to do mph and then research..I am a dentist from India and planning for 2017 intake keen on SFU And UBC . Also is it possible to do research on stem cells after mph ?what research options do we have after mph and what's the scope ..hope u guys can help me out ????

On 29/11/2015, 16:38:55, priyanka22 said:

hi 

I am planning to apply to canada for either mph or mha. What are your stats? 

Mine are, GRE 316 , gpa evaluation not competed yet and I have  5 years of experience in clinical dentistry and 2 years volunteery work.

Hey priyanka, you seem to have a great profile. The clinical experience and voluntary work is remarkable.

I am also in dentistry, but just a recent pass out. GRE 311, GPA yet to calculate, though i have good community level work through college community outreach programs and a publication to my name.

Its pretty weak, but still i am hoping for the best :B

On 01/12/2015, 06:07:24, chezismael said:

Hey guys, new to the forum. I'm from Mexico and I'm applying to a few MPH programs scattered throughout the world. I noticed most, if not all, of you guys are applying to grad schools in Canada, so I'll stay in topic. One of my applications is going to be for U of T for their MPH (Health Promotion) program. I'm really nervous, but so excited! It's actually my first choice, but I also know it's very competitive, so I won't get my hopes up.

Anyone else applying over there?

I don't need GRE scores to apply, so I didn't even bother.

Hi chezismael,

U of T (health promotion) is a very solid program. I was also looking at applying to it, but then i saw how competitive it was and probably I wouldnt make the cut, so it is one dream college down for me :(

Where else are you applying to?

On 02/12/2015, 12:55:53, Radhikajoshi said:

Hey guys..I m planning to do mph and then research..I am a dentist from India and planning for 2017 intake keen on SFU And UBC . Also is it possible to do research on stem cells after mph ?what research options do we have after mph and what's the scope ..hope u guys can help me out ????

Hi Radhika,

Well I am not an expert at this, but to my knowledge , the best  Reasearch based programs are at UBC, U of T and U of Alberta. I guess you should take a look at them as well.

Good luck :) 

On 3/12/2015 2:35:31, harman911 said:

Hi chezismael,

U of T (health promotion) is a very solid program. I was also looking at applying to it, but then i saw how competitive it was and probably I wouldnt make the cut, so it is one dream college down for me :(

Where else are you applying to?

Well, I probably won't make the cut, but it doesn't hurt to apply. I think, lol. 

I'm applying to an MPH in Melbourne University and an MPH in Lund University. I'm only applying to those 3. I'm considering a fourth, but so far I haven't found one as interesting as those. (I completely ruled out the US). Where are you applying?

The Health Promotion stream at the University of Toronto's MPH is actually the largest of the streams.  Nutrition & Dietetics, and Occupational Health, are both much smaller.

I'm currently studying at UofToronto (MPH Nutrition & Dietetics), so if you have any questions about Toronto's program, feel free to ask.  I can't tell you anything about your chances, as I'm not involved in admissions, but I can talk about the program in general, as well as the courses that all the public health streams have to take.

41 minutes ago, RunnerGrad said:

The Health Promotion stream at the University of Toronto's MPH is actually the largest of the streams.  Nutrition & Dietetics, and Occupational Health, are both much smaller.

I'm currently studying at UofToronto (MPH Nutrition & Dietetics), so if you have any questions about Toronto's program, feel free to ask.  I can't tell you anything about your chances, as I'm not involved in admissions, but I can talk about the program in general, as well as the courses that all the public health streams have to take.

I'm having some trouble with my admission essay, do you think you can help me by looking at it and giving me positive feedback? I can contact you privately. Please, thank you!

I've been accepted to Pitt and GWU's Epi program.
I'm going to be starting classes at Pitt in the fall but if I'm not impressed with their program I may transfer to GWU.

On 14/12/2015 at 9:02 PM, RunnerGrad said:

Hey, can you comment on the programs at McGill, SFU, memorial, Alberta? any rankings that you culd propose for them?

Thanx:)

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Guys !!!!, 

I am Murthy from India and I really need to know  whether I can get admission in Texas A&M college station ? with the below profile.

GRE: 307/340; AWA 3.0

TOEFL: 104/120

CGPA: 6.78/10 (not really top of the class)

Work Ex- 18 months experience with Hyundai Rotem

On 12/15/2015 at 8:16 PM, renee1 said:

I've been accepted to Pitt and GWU's Epi program.
I'm going to be starting classes at Pitt in the fall but if I'm not impressed with their program I may transfer to GWU.

The MPH program goes VERY fast. I would caution against keeping transferring as a backup plan. If you end up transferring, you wasted that whole first year you spent making connections with professors, networking, and essentially have to start all over again the next year. Many programs require an internship between the first and second year, but that might not transfer, leading you to have to do a third, expensive third year. 

Grad school is what you make of it. You can tailor it to your needs and wants. Dive in and make the most of it instead of holding out for something else in case it might be better. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/01/2016 at 10:13 PM, chezismael said:

My application to U of T is complete as of last week! Best of luck to everyone! I heard the Health Promotion stream hears until May... Waaah

Hi,

Good luck with your application.

I too applied to the MPH at U of T. You have any hint on when the people with the major in Epidemiology are going to get calls?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hey harman , can you tell me do they keep saying " application process has begun " or they have changed to " application completed" in your application for memorial? all my documents have been received by them on 4 Feb yet they not confirming it to "APPLICATION COMPLETE" . i am scared . 

well I have received the application complete status. Maybe you should contact them. And dont worry there might be some technical error or if not ,then they would let you know any missing document.

hello friends!!! 

hi!! harman, priyanka, murthy, nik, riya....

i am from india. i have applied in sfu, mcmaster, susakatchewan, and lakehead for mph-2016.

my application status "complete ready for review" 

so  have you anyone applied in these university? and what about your application status?

i have a hope from lakehead and usaska for accepting. so if anybody receive any message for these uni then let me know.

thank.s