Spring/Winter 2016 Applicants

I do hope you're right. I would hate to wait weeks for a rejection. If they have already rejected me, let me know now. It is so heartbreaking to wait for denial letter. I have had this happen several times already.

I do hope you're right. I would hate to wait weeks for a rejection. If they have already rejected me, let me know now. It is so heartbreaking to wait for denial letter. I have had this happen several times already.

Agreed! Maybe by the end of this week if you don't hear anything, you can call the department chair, and see if they have any updates on your application? I also applied to St. John's University for the spring, and I saw that people started getting acceptance e-mails this past Friday, and I'm hoping I'll get my decision sometime this week from them too...this wait is just so nerve-racking and stressful. It's hard to not think about it, lol...

I know there are usually two dates they hold interviews. Perhaps, I'm being held off for round two.

I didn't know they have two dates for interviews; that's good to know! I know some grad schools interview over the span of a week or 2, so I assumed Lehman was like that too, but apparently, it's not.

Yes, I have interviewed in the past with Lehman. Two dates and two rounds within those two dates. They also may have some interviews set up for people who could not make the set dates. 

Interesting! For which application season(s) have you interviewed for Lehman before, spring and/or fall?

I remember my letter stating I was invited for interview being posted 10/19. I will never forget that Saturday afrernoon.

The interview itself I believe was Friday 11/15. I remember the joke being we could now enjoy Thanksgiving which was 11/28 in 2013.

Edited by Arcanelady27
More info

I remember my letter stating I was invited for interview being posted 10/19. I will never forget that Saturday afrernoon.

The interview itself I believe was Friday 11/15. I remember the joke being we could now enjoy Thanksgiving which was 11/28 in 2013.

Wow! After the interview then, how long did you, personally, wait to receive a decision?

I believe it was a few days, 4 or 5.

Spring admission they must be expeditious because of short time frame.

I remember interview was on Friday. 11/22 or 11/15 of 2013

Edited by Arcanelady27

I believe it was a few days, 4 or 5.

Spring admission they must be expeditious because of short time frame.

I remember interview was on Friday. 11/22 or 11/15 of 2013

That's good to know that they let you know fairly soon afterwards; thank you for letting me know! I'm from NY, and I applied to some out-of-state schools too, so I've been wondering when I'll receive all of my final decisions with the shorter time frame for spring admission; hopefully before Thanksgiving, haha.

That's good to know that they let you know fairly soon afterwards; thank you for letting me know! I'm from NY, and I applied to some out-of-state schools too, so I've been wondering when I'll receive all of my final decisions with the shorter time frame for spring admission; hopefully before Thanksgiving, haha.

Depending on your interview date, Lehman will let you know before Thanksgiving :)

Edited by Arcanelady27

@CalChi SLP Dr. Stillman is supposed to be back in the office tomorrow so I thinking (HOPEFULLY) we will hear something then. It's getting so late, I'm sure they have already offered most of their spots for the Spring. Who really knows though. 

@CalChi SLP Dr. Stillman is supposed to be back in the office tomorrow so I thinking (HOPEFULLY) we will hear something then. It's getting so late, I'm sure they have already offered most of their spots for the Spring. Who really knows though. 

I really hope they let us know soon even if it's a reject. I hope people who do not wish to attend UTD have declined their offer ! They have 25-30 spots for Spring I believe, there should be something for us too :( I've sent Dr Stillman an email asking when we should hear by , so hopefully when he checks it tomorrow he should have an answer for us. 

I also applied to Lehman, but I have not received any response from them (I checked my online application status too of a rejection, etc). Congrats on getting an interview though, and good luck!! :) 

Thank you! Please keep me posted if there is

That's great!!! I'm very nervous and you?  Let me know if you know anything about the date of your interview. How are you planning to prepare for it?

I'm so nervous too, especially because I've never had a grad school interview before, and this is the first time I'm ever applying to grad school. I got the same e-mail as you with the notification of the interview date within the next week or 2, so I will definitely let you know. & I've heard that Lehman tends to ask course content questions, like the 5 subsets of language, so I'll be sure to know that. I'll also try and review some basic anatomy and physiology/cranial nerves, and my professors said a lot of interviews ask about the differences between articulation and phonology (which I'm learning about now), so I'll try to become pretty competent in those areas, and just general questions-why I want to go to Lehman, populations I would like to work with/acquire more experience with, etc; but I'm really unsure of what to expect...what about you?

I found my old email regarding the interview. The date was 11/22/13 at 10am. 

Edited by Arcanelady27