Spring/Winter 2016 Applicants

No, I emailed him a week ago and never heard anything back. Have you?

No haven't heard from him. Have you applied to any other university ? This is crazy I really wish they could just give us more details instead of just making us wait 

No haven't heard from him. Have you applied to any other university ? This is crazy I really wish they could just give us more details instead of just making us wait 

No, I did not apply to any other schools. I am an "out of field applicant" so I need leveling courses for most other programs. I live in Dallas, which is why UTD is my #1 choice. I did also applied to TWU's prerequisite program as a back up, which I also have NOT heard back from either urrghhh :angry:  These people really need to get it together. I really, really need to know ASAP because my husband is graduating from UTSW's PA program in December. He has a number of job offers, but the one he really likes would require us to move. Whether I get accepted to UTD or not will be a HUGE deciding factor for us. Soooo any day now PLEASSSEEEE?????:unsure: What about you @CalChi SLP? Did you apply anywhere else?

No, I did not apply to any other schools. I am an "out of field applicant" so I need leveling courses for most other programs. I live in Dallas, which is why UTD is my #1 choice. I did also applied to TWU's prerequisite program as a back up, which I also have NOT heard back from either urrghhh :angry:  These people really need to get it together. I really, really need to know ASAP because my husband is graduating from UTSW's PA program in December. He has a number of job offers, but the one he really likes would require us to move. Whether I get accepted to UTD or not will be a HUGE deciding factor for us. Soooo any day now PLEASSSEEEE?????:unsure: What about you @CalChi SLP? Did you apply anywhere else?

Oh my ! You've got a lot at hold :( I applied to CSU Fresno .. But their deadline was for 1st November so I don't expect to hear soon from them. Dallas has been my first choice since the time I've started looking at programs from grad school. I'm an international applicant , so the paper work once/if I get accepted is going to be crazy. I really want them to make a decision , it's driving me and my family crazy. 

On 10/27/2015, 3:38:29, SLPinNeedofDegree said:

Please update us if you hear back from Central Florida or Appalachian State. I'm driving myself crazy checking email and their websites. 

I just got notified today that I was accepted to Appalachian State, I am probably going to decline this offer but that means that answers are coming soon SLPinNeedofDegree!!

1 hour ago, CalChi SLP said:

@SLPKMP So I called UTD , they gave the same standard answer that we are "still reviewing" and will let you know when your application has been reviewed. 

You've got any updates ?

41 minutes ago, carr said:

Nothing has changed on my UTD portal as well.

@CalChi SLP @carr I finally bit the bullet and emailed Dr. Stillman again and he just responded. All he basically said is that I'm on an "informal" wait list. I think you guys are most likely too considering we all haven't heard a yes or no as of yet. He didn't give me any update as to when they would have final decisions made :( So I guess more waiting.....

19 hours ago, bakenator said:

I just got notified today that I was accepted to Appalachian State, I am probably going to decline this offer but that means that answers are coming soon SLPinNeedofDegree!!

On 10/27/2015, 1:38:29, SLPinNeedofDegree said:

Please update us if you hear back from Central Florida or Appalachian State. I'm driving myself crazy checking email and their websites. 

@SLPinNeedofDegree I also heard back from Appalachian State yesterday. I need to respond by Friday at noon (EST) or they will give my place to someone else. If you haven't heard back yet, you might hear after that. Good luck!

9 hours ago, SLPKMP said:

@CalChi SLP @carr I finally bit the bullet and emailed Dr. Stillman again and he just responded. All he basically said is that I'm on an "informal" wait list. I think you guys are most likely too considering we all haven't heard a yes or no as of yet. He didn't give me any update as to when they would have final decisions made :( So I guess more waiting.....

Oh some more waiting .. :( 

lets see atleast we haven't been declined so there is still some hope. Thanks for letting us know ! 

3 hours ago, Amy Whitehouse said:

Anyone heard from University of Central Florida yet?

Someone posted online on another website that they received an e-mail from UCF stating that decisions will be made at the end of this month. I never received an e-mail like this, so maybe that person e-mailed to inquire about when decisions would be given out, and got that response. 

42 minutes ago, moni28 said:

Someone posted online on another website that they received an e-mail from UCF stating that decisions will be made at the end of this month. I never received an e-mail like this, so maybe that person e-mailed to inquire about when decisions would be given out, and got that response. 

My friend actually just texted me telling me a girl in her class got a rejection letter today from UCF. It seems to me they may be slowly sending out letters... So I guess we could find out anytime now.

28 minutes ago, Amy Whitehouse said:

My friend actually just texted me telling me a girl in her class got a rejection letter today from UCF. It seems to me they may be slowly sending out letters... So I guess we could find out anytime now.

Really?? Wow! I just checked my online portal to see if maybe I had a decision, and just wasn't emailed about it, but I still don't have a decision listed. I guess, like you said, they'll send the decisions out gradually. I thought maybe they were waiting until they reviewed all of the applications at once, and then sent out acceptances and rejections simultaneously, but I guess not. This wait and suspense is so stressful though -_-. I feel like a lot of schools have been sending out their decisions the last few days, but I'm still waiting to hear from 4/5 schools, so this wait is getting to me, haha. Maybe we'll hear from UCF sometime this week then...

4 hours ago, moni28 said:

Really?? Wow! I just checked my online portal to see if maybe I had a decision, and just wasn't emailed about it, but I still don't have a decision listed. I guess, like you said, they'll send the decisions out gradually. I thought maybe they were waiting until they reviewed all of the applications at once, and then sent out acceptances and rejections simultaneously, but I guess not. This wait and suspense is so stressful though -_-. I feel like a lot of schools have been sending out their decisions the last few days, but I'm still waiting to hear from 4/5 schools, so this wait is getting to me, haha. Maybe we'll hear from UCF sometime this week then...

Yeah I think UCF sends it out in waves maybe? I hate waiting this is awful! Lol I'm staying positive though! 

1 minute ago, Amy Whitehouse said:

Yeah I think UCF sends it out in waves maybe? I hate waiting this is awful! Lol I'm staying positive though! 

Same! If I see any changes online in my app's status, I'll definitely let you know. I'm hoping we'll know no later than Thanksgiving...

11 hours ago, moni28 said:

Same! If I see any changes online in my app's status, I'll definitely let you know. I'm hoping we'll know no later than Thanksgiving...

Ugh! That's still so late. I'm dreading this process haha. At least you have other schools to fall back on!

20 minutes ago, Amy Whitehouse said:

Ugh! That's still so late. I'm dreading this process haha. At least you have other schools to fall back on!

Same! I just wish I would get more definitive decisions from the other schools. I have a graduate school interview tomorrow for another place, so I'm hoping that will go well!

5 hours ago, moni28 said:

Same! I just wish I would get more definitive decisions from the other schools. I have a graduate school interview tomorrow for another place, so I'm hoping that will go well!

That is awesome! I wish UCF did interviews... 

2 hours ago, Amy Whitehouse said:

That is awesome! I wish UCF did interviews... 

Most of the schools I applied to actually don't do interviews. The school I attend currently for undergraduate just added mandatory interviews this past spring for their graduate program for SLP, and there was a lot of controversy because of how new it was; the process was disorganized in terms of letting applicants know with such short notice (1-2days) to come for an interview, so hopefully, it'll be a smoother process there next year. I've had job interviews before, but since tomorrow will be my first graduate school interview ever, it'll be interesting to see how it goes...

15 hours ago, moni28 said:

Most of the schools I applied to actually don't do interviews. The school I attend currently for undergraduate just added mandatory interviews this past spring for their graduate program for SLP, and there was a lot of controversy because of how new it was; the process was disorganized in terms of letting applicants know with such short notice (1-2days) to come for an interview, so hopefully, it'll be a smoother process there next year. I've had job interviews before, but since tomorrow will be my first graduate school interview ever, it'll be interesting to see how it goes...

Yeah let me know how it goes! I'm curious! Good luck!