Spring/Winter 2016 Applicants

3 minutes ago, Awhitehouse2 said:

Have you heard anything? The waiting is killing me! 

Ugh, no! It still says no decision online for me -_-. I haven't heard anything...UCF's spring semester starts January 11th too, so if I even get in here, I'll need some time to just pack up my life to go here from New York. I'm still waiting to hear from another school too, and it's driving me crazy. What about you??

29 minutes ago, moni28 said:

Ugh, no! It still says no decision online for me -_-. I haven't heard anything...UCF's spring semester starts January 11th too, so if I even get in here, I'll need some time to just pack up my life to go here from New York. I'm still waiting to hear from another school too, and it's driving me crazy. What about you??

I haven't heard anything either. I mean should we email or call them? Lol

1 minute ago, Awhitehouse2 said:

I haven't heard anything either. I mean should we email or call them? Lol

Even other people online have said they haven't heard anything though, so maybe they'll start to send out all of the decisions after Thanksgiving?? I guess if I don't hear anything by next Tuesday, I'll try to e-mail the chairperson in the department (who I need to look up online lol). Every time I call graduate admissions, no one picks up the phone at UCF. It's really frustrating...

31 minutes ago, moni28 said:

Even other people online have said they haven't heard anything though, so maybe they'll start to send out all of the decisions after Thanksgiving?? I guess if I don't hear anything by next Tuesday, I'll try to e-mail the chairperson in the department (who I need to look up online lol). Every time I call graduate admissions, no one picks up the phone at UCF. It's really frustrating...

Oh really? on the other blog page someone said the person told them to check the portal.. But never said when we will actually find out. This is driving me insane! Haha :)

7 minutes ago, Awhitehouse2 said:

Oh really? on the other blog page someone said the person told them to check the portal.. But never said when we will actually find out. This is driving me insane! Haha :)

My portal still says "no decision", so I don't know anymore, lol ughhh. Maybe we'll hear some good news tomorrow?? 

1 minute ago, moni28 said:

My portal still says "no decision", so I don't know anymore, lol ughhh. Maybe we'll hear some good news tomorrow?? 

I hope so! I mean I can't imagine being in your position! Having to move within 3 weeks if you are accepted! Ahh! But you still haven't heard from the other school?

17 minutes ago, Awhitehouse2 said:

I hope so! I mean I can't imagine being in your position! Having to move within 3 weeks if you are accepted! Ahh! But you still haven't heard from the other school?

Nope! The other school has sent out two waves of acceptances already. My application there has been in a final review for at least 2 weeks now, and they told me I would receive a decision by the "end of November", which we're nearing, so I'm not sure. The school e-mails you for acceptances, and sends you a letter in the mail for rejections, so I'm not sure. If I don't hear anything by tomorrow, I'm going to call the school again, and see if they have any updates. From past discussion boards, it seems like in some years, they send out acceptances the Tuesday before Thanksgiving (which is tomorrow), so maybe I'll hear some good news tomorrow; otherwise, I'm not sure. 

4 minutes ago, moni28 said:

Nope! The other school has sent out two waves of acceptances already. My application there has been in a final review for at least 2 weeks now, and they told me I would receive a decision by the "end of November", which we're nearing, so I'm not sure. The school e-mails you for acceptances, and sends you a letter in the mail for rejections, so I'm not sure. If I don't hear anything by tomorrow, I'm going to call the school again, and see if they have any updates. From past discussion boards, it seems like in some years, they send out acceptances the Tuesday before Thanksgiving (which is tomorrow), so maybe I'll hear some good news tomorrow; otherwise, I'm not sure. 

Hopefully that will be the same for UCF too!!!! 

12 minutes ago, Awhitehouse2 said:

Hopefully that will be the same for UCF too!!!! 

Same! Is UCF open on Wednesday? Maybe we'll get some decisions then too? I know UCF is a big school too, so I'm not sure how long it takes for graduate admissions to send decisions out from the departments too. When I applied to UCF, it took them 10 days to process my application about submission...

11 minutes ago, moni28 said:

Same! Is UCF open on Wednesday? Maybe we'll get some decisions then too? I know UCF is a big school too, so I'm not sure how long it takes for graduate admissions to send decisions out from the departments too. When I applied to UCF, it took them 10 days to process my application about submission...

Yeah they are open Wednesday. I'm just hoping they send out letters this week. I don't know how much longer I can wait! Have you started your applications for the fall?

5 minutes ago, Awhitehouse2 said:

Yeah they are open Wednesday. I'm just hoping they send out letters this week. I don't know how much longer I can wait! Have you started your applications for the fall?

Awesome! I ask because my college is closed on Wednesday, and the other graduate school I'm waiting to hear from is also closed on Wednesday, so I wasn't sure if UCF is closed too. Maybe we'll hear Wednesday then too. A lot of my Fall schools I would apply to are on that centralized CSDCAS server, so I just requested all of my transcripts and GRE scores last week to be sent. I know that'll take a while to be fully processed though. I also updated all of the professors who wrote me recommendation letters that I might need my letters for the Fall, so they're prepared to upload them, if needed. Other than that though, I haven't done much else. I have to work on filling out more of the CSDCAS app soon though. What about you?

Edited by moni28

19 minutes ago, moni28 said:

Awesome! I ask because my college is closed on Wednesday, and the other graduate school I'm waiting to hear from is also closed on Wednesday, so I wasn't sure if UCF is closed too. Maybe we'll hear Wednesday then too. A lot of my Fall schools I would apply to are on that centralized CSDCAS server, so I just requested all of my transcripts and GRE scores last week to be sent. I know that'll take a while to be fully processed though. I also updated all of the professors who wrote me recommendation letters that I might need my letters for the Fall, so they're prepared to upload them, if needed. Other than that though, I haven't done much else. I have to work on filling out more of the CSDCAS app soon though. What about you?

I haven't started... I'm super procrastinating because I'm just praying that I get in :/ I'll have to retake the gre which will be awful. That's like my nightmare test lol

2 hours ago, Awhitehouse2 said:

I haven't started... I'm super procrastinating because I'm just praying that I get in :/ I'll have to retake the gre which will be awful. That's like my nightmare test lol

I understand! Mixed with some senioritis, I've been finding it super hard to concentrate on all of the end of the semester work because I'm so on edge with getting the rest of my spring decisions; it's so nerve wrecking because your life can change at any point. It's hard because I would move forward more with my fall apps, but I do really want to get in for the spring, and I don't want to waste all of my time until I receive the rest of my spring decisions; ugh. I'm hoping I get at least 1/2 of my decisions before Thanksgiving to put me at a little more ease...

Hey guys!

I just checked my status on the UTD galaxy portal this morning, and it said that I got denied :(.

Sort of was expecting it but glad that I finally know for sure now.

Just wanted to let you guys know if anyone was still waiting to hear!

On November 6, 2015 at 5:06:02 PM, Awhitehouse2 said:

Omg my friend just got rejected from UCF and someone else posted rejection on the results page :/ becoming so real

Does anyone know of anyone that has been accepted yet? I know of a couple rejections but as of today my portal still says no decision also...

1 hour ago, graduate1212 said:

Does anyone know of anyone that has been accepted yet? I know of a couple rejections but as of today my portal still says no decision also...

My portal says the same thing:/. Not sure if that is a good or bad thing. I don't know of anyone who has been accepted yet.

1 hour ago, graduate1212 said:

Yeah I also know of mostly rejections and one acceptance. It's getting pretty weird that majority of people haven't heard anything! Praying that it's a positive thing!

On November 11, 2015 at 10:55:21 PM, SLPinNeedofDegree said:

Is there a Facebook group for Alabama A&M and Appalachian State? I was recently accepted to both schools and I am having trouble deciding between the two. Any suggestions or advice?

I was accepted to Appalachian State and was wondering the same thing! I would start a Facebook group but don't want to if one has already been created.

19 hours ago, Awhitehouse2 said:

Yeah I also know of mostly rejections and one acceptance. It's getting pretty weird that majority of people haven't heard anything! Praying that it's a positive thing!

Someone else posted online that they got accepted this morning to UCF because it said "admitted" on their portal...mine still says "no decision" :\ 

6 minutes ago, moni28 said:

Someone else posted online that they got accepted this morning to UCF because it said "admitted" on their portal...mine still says "no decision" :\ 

Mine still says "no decision" too :/. Not sure if they are sending out acceptances first, then rejections