Spring/Winter 2016 Applicants

3 hours ago, Awhitehouse2 said:

No I didn't :/ ugh

It's so annoying! I received one of those automated advertising e-mails from Graduate Admissions this morning, but no decision online either, ugh. Hope you're enjoying Thanksgiving! 

1 hour ago, moni28 said:

It's so annoying! I received one of those automated advertising e-mails from Graduate Admissions this morning, but no decision online either, ugh. Hope you're enjoying Thanksgiving! 

I'm assuming we will find out next week. I'm honestly shocked it has been this long! Happy thanksgiving to you as well!:)

1 hour ago, Awhitehouse2 said:

I'm assuming we will find out next week. I'm honestly shocked it has been this long! Happy thanksgiving to you as well!:)

Same! I'm still waiting to hear from my other grad school too. I called them on Tuesday, and was told my app was "still in review" there, but then someone else wrote online that they called, and were told decision letters were mailed on Monday, and I haven't received one, so I don't know what to think anymore, lol...& thank you! (: 

3 hours ago, moni28 said:

Same! I'm still waiting to hear from my other grad school too. I called them on Tuesday, and was told my app was "still in review" there, but then someone else wrote online that they called, and were told decision letters were mailed on Monday, and I haven't received one, so I don't know what to think anymore, lol...& thank you! (: 

Really? I just thought it was unusual that UCF is taking a while, I didn't know it could happen for other schools as well! Seems like everyone has found out but us ! Ugh

1 hour ago, Awhitehouse2 said:

Really? I just thought it was unusual that UCF is taking a while, I didn't know it could happen for other schools as well! Seems like everyone has found out but us ! Ugh

Mhm :( . It seems like schools on the East Coast, especially, get a high volume of applications, so it takes them longer to send all of the decisions. I applied to one school in the Midwest, and got my rejection letter within 3 weeks of the deadline probably because they had fewer applicants to review.... 

On November 27, 2015 at 12:28:50 AM, moni28 said:

Mhm :( . It seems like schools on the East Coast, especially, get a high volume of applications, so it takes them longer to send all of the decisions. I applied to one school in the Midwest, and got my rejection letter within 3 weeks of the deadline probably because they had fewer applicants to review.... 

Any news??? I can't imagine we find out any later than Wednesday..

2 hours ago, Awhitehouse2 said:

Any news??? I can't imagine we find out any later than Wednesday..

No! I still have "no decision" online, and I still haven't received a decision from the other graduate school I applied to. What about you? My anxiety is so high with all of this uncertainty, lol..

5 minutes ago, moni28 said:

No! I still have "no decision" online, and I still haven't received a decision from the other graduate school I applied to. What about you? My anxiety is so high with all of this uncertainty, lol..

I haven't heard anything either. I decided that if I don't hear by the end of the week I'll start applications for fall. I'm just being stubborn!

10 minutes ago, Awhitehouse2 said:

I haven't heard anything either. I decided that if I don't hear by the end of the week I'll start applications for fall. I'm just being stubborn!

It's so frustrating! I was looking at past posts online, and some people haven't received decisions until December 7th. UCF's spring semester starts January 11th, so I don't understand how they can wait so long to give out decisions....

6 minutes ago, moni28 said:

It's so frustrating! I was looking at past posts online, and some people haven't received decisions until December 7th. UCF's spring semester starts January 11th, so I don't understand how they can wait so long to give out decisions....

Wow! Are you serious!!! That gives no time to find a place and move! 

Just now, Awhitehouse2 said:

Wow! Are you serious!!! That gives no time to find a place and move! 

Mhm! I looked online, and their semester starts January 11th. Here in New York, many schools don't start until after Martin Luther King Jr. Day. I'm sure UCF also does an orientation before the semester starts, so I wonder when the orientation is for spring if they're still reviewing applicants also?? It's so nerve wrecking all around.

10 minutes ago, moni28 said:

Mhm! I looked online, and their semester starts January 11th. Here in New York, many schools don't start until after Martin Luther King Jr. Day. I'm sure UCF also does an orientation before the semester starts, so I wonder when the orientation is for spring if they're still reviewing applicants also?? It's so nerve wrecking all around.

Also, someone just wrote online that they called UCF, and they're releasing decisions in waves, so we should all know by Friday....

20 minutes ago, Awhitehouse2 said:

So do you think each wave has rejections and acceptances ?

I don't know because I haven't seen anyone post a rejection online since the first wave of acceptances were released last Wednesday?? Of course, I'm sure not everyone who received a decision posts online either, but I haven't seen mass rejections go out either, so I'm not sure what that means. I wonder how much time people who have already received acceptances have to commit to UCF; like if they need to make a decision by this week or something??

2 minutes ago, moni28 said:

I don't know because I haven't seen anyone post a rejection online since the first wave of acceptances were released last Wednesday?? Of course, I'm sure not everyone who received a decision posts online either, but I haven't seen mass rejections go out either, so I'm not sure what that means. I wonder how much time people who have already received acceptances have to commit to UCF; like if they need to make a decision by this week or something??

I don't know either. I do know that some people from out of state I'm sure accepted their acceptances somewhere else besides UCF because UCF took too long. So hopefully that gives the people who only get accepted to UCF a chance! I'm not too sure how long people have to decide by. I know last semester that was a problem because I don't think UCF required people to let them know or something because the fall cohort was so small. They assumed the people they accepted were going to UCF but then they were 10 people or more short so they had to quickly send out more acceptances a couple months later. That's just what I heard from people at UCF. I'm thinking that this semester hopefully they changed that and made people decide within the week or someone. 

1 minute ago, Awhitehouse2 said:

I don't know either. I do know that some people from out of state I'm sure accepted their acceptances somewhere else besides UCF because UCF took too long. So hopefully that gives the people who only get accepted to UCF a chance! I'm not too sure how long people have to decide by. I know last semester that was a problem because I don't think UCF required people to let them know or something because the fall cohort was so small. They assumed the people they accepted were going to UCF but then they were 10 people or more short so they had to quickly send out more acceptances a couple months later. That's just what I heard from people at UCF. I'm thinking that this semester hopefully they changed that and made people decide within the week or someone. 

Wow! That's so awkward to have to invite people months after acceptances then. I know where I currently attend undergraduate, they had a similar issue with its graduate program because they released most decisions in very late April (after April 15th), when others accepted other places of admissions, so they have to work on that for next fall's applicants; to accept people sooner. 

Just now, moni28 said:

Wow! That's so awkward to have to invite people months after acceptances then. I know where I currently attend undergraduate, they had a similar issue with its graduate program because they released most decisions in very late April (after April 15th), when others accepted other places of admissions, so they have to work on that for next fall's applicants; to accept people sooner. 

Yeah that's exactly what happened. This fall cohort only had 24 people! That's so small. In a way, that might give us an advantage because they might want to accept more people for the spring cohort to even things out.

5 minutes ago, Awhitehouse2 said:

Yeah that's exactly what happened. This fall cohort only had 24 people! That's so small. In a way, that might give us an advantage because they might want to accept more people for the spring cohort to even things out.

Wow! That's the optimal size of the graduate cohort at my university, and my university only has like ~7,000-8,000 people altogether, lol. Since UCF is so much larger, I'm guessing UCF aims for a cohort of 40-50? It'll be interesting to see what UCF ends up doing then for the Spring. 

4 minutes ago, moni28 said:

Wow! That's the optimal size of the graduate cohort at my university, and my university only has like ~7,000-8,000 people altogether, lol. Since UCF is so much larger, I'm guessing UCF aims for a cohort of 40-50? It'll be interesting to see what UCF ends up doing then for the Spring. 

I was told they accept 40 and shoot for 35-38 cohort. I hope they accept 50! Lol in my dreams

Just now, moni28 said:

lol! ughhh, the struggle -__- 

I know it sucks! My friend applied to UCF for mental health counseling for spring and got accepted like two weeks later. Apparently almost everyone gets in for that program though... Must be nice! :( haha