Applied Physics - Fall 2007?

This will make it a level ground. From what you are saying, it will be difficult to make a decision. I think you should really worry about the advisor whom you will work with as this area will largely depend on the group facilities than central facilities (some groups even have their own electron microscopes etc which are generally a central facility).. Also, the professors reputation is a serious thing to consider, if he is not too old.. I won't say caltech is better in ENGINEERING than Harvard.. They are both on equal footing as their disadvantage is being a small engineering department/school. I think you may have a better idea once you visit Harvard.

Just curious.. who are the professors whom you are interested at Harvard?

hey, Othello

first of all, congratz for getting into such awesome programs.

i haven't heard anything from Columbia yet (probably they didn't think my past research projects were not too good of fit to their research? dunno...)

well, my girl friend got into Columbia and now i so wish i could go to Columbia too.

so, IF you're sure that you will not go to Columbia since you got into a bunch of 'better' programs, could you reject their offer?

good luck to your future career. it sounds like you will become a top-notch scientist!

Got into Cornell Applied Physics today by email.

still no word from Columbia and Harvard.

i thought i had a good shot at Columbia....i thought my past research experience matched with some of the faculty members too...but i dunno...well, i don't know the result yet...and Cornell is far better than Columbia in applied physics anyway~ it's just that now my girl friend's gotta get into Cornell =P (or vice versa)